Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Form Help/Questipons... >

Form Help/Questipons...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Form Help/Questipons...

Old 08-25-2009, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Form Help/Questipons...

finally here is some pics of my shooting form...please pick me apart...
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

i have a few questions too....what is causng my left sholder to hurt when shooting??
i can shoot dead on for awhile then out of no where i can be 3 inches low or 4 inches to the right at 20 yards at any given time, why?
Old 08-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Looks to me like the first thing I'd do is shorten my DL.

(According to some of these guys....you can do that by shortening your Dloop....lol) (just kidding)

Last edited by GMMAT; 08-25-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes,the draw length is long.If possible,shorten the bow.

Your release is also long and if possible shorten that as well.

If You can't shorten the bow,try removing the loop and shooting it off the string,that will help you get some of that draw length back that you are losing with it.

To be honest though,the release and loop still won't get you where you need to be. You really need a shorter draw length.

You need to fix the grip as well.Try these tips. http://www.bowtube.com/media/6/Get_A_Grip/

Last edited by TFOX; 08-25-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Spike

never mind

Last edited by BrianB.; 08-25-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

hmm..i shortened my draw length once and i thought it was good...someone draw on my face and show me exactly where would be a good DL..lol i have seen that video and tried to shoot like that...but i am afraid that the bow will fall once i shoot so i grip with my other 3 fingers...any help on the shoulder?? i shot again tonight and omg it hurts soooo bad!
Old 08-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by kwaldeier
hmm..i shortened my draw length once and i thought it was good...someone draw on my face and show me exactly where would be a good DL..lol i have seen that video and tried to shoot like that...but i am afraid that the bow will fall once i shoot so i grip with my other 3 fingers...any help on the shoulder?? i shot again tonight and omg it hurts soooo bad!

A sling will stop the fear.Right now there are several signs that your draw is too long.The first sign is your head is tilted back to get into the string trying to use the tip of the nose as an anchor.The second is your anchor is too far back as well with your release hand(It should be a solid anchor on your face somewhere that you are comfortable with.Most incorporate the jaw bone).Notice the bend in the release hand (it is ****ed down)It should be more in line and the elbow on the release arm should be higher as well.You release is extremely long adding to all the problem and there is no way to get your finger OVER the trigger and apply back tension.

Your head should be vertical to slightly forward in a more aggresive posture.Another dead giveaway is all your weight is on your back leg.Your weight should be distributed evenly and I doubt you could do that if you tried now.

Your bow shoulder should be able to ride BACK into the socket and not up.Not sure where you are with that.

Look at the video I posted earlier and pay close attention to the T posture.

Last edited by TFOX; 08-25-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Some more pics for reference.You can use a video camera or a full length mirror,which will give you immediate feedback on what you are doing and what it feels like.

Notice how he has HIS anchors different.They are personal.

Last edited by TFOX; 08-25-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Note the hand positions on the grips, too (the bottom 2 photos).
Old 08-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

always good advice..ill study the hand placement video...and try the other things you mentioned...what about the release?? are my arrows too long?? the guy at the bow shop made me get just a tad longer arrow so a broadhead would clear the..(i honestly dont know what its call ) i looked at my bow and its DL is as low as it can go now and you guys still say its long....i was going to use this bow until next year but if i truly want to be a good archer will i have to get a new bow that fits me soon???even tho season is 20 days away...ah!
Old 08-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

you arrows will be a bit long when you get your draw length situation settled. but worry about correcting your grip and DL first. i dunno if you can twist out an inch of DL in the string or not, probably wiser to go with a new bow, but if funds are not available... The shorter release suggestion is a good one, Check out the little goose from scott. it could be a good choice. and tie a nice tight release loop. might help a bit, at least get you a hair closer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.