Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Problem w/New Bow >

Problem w/New Bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Problem w/New Bow

Old 08-24-2009, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Problem w/New Bow

Had a BowTech Tribute - shot field points and Magnus Stinger BuzzCuts exactly the same.

Got a new Admiral - shoots field points perfectly through paper (perfect bullet hole), but those Magnus Stinger BuzzCuts jump right by several inches!

Same rest on both bows. Same arrows. Same release.

I know it's likely the Indian (bow torque, etc.) and not the arrow (equipment), but....does anyone have any other thoughts/suggestions? Why are those Stingers moving around on me now!?!?

Thansk!
Old 08-25-2009, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do a walk back tune. Most likely you need to adjust your rest a bit.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a tuning issue. I'd tweak the rest until BH's and FP's are hitting the same place then adjust the sight to move the groups to the center of the target.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is one case where I doubt it is the indian. If you are getting good holes with your fp, but not your bh, I would think it is a tuning issue. Start with paper and your bh, then bare shaft tune, then walk back. You should get the issue corrected.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Hasn't been asked yet.....but same DL? Same DW? What's the IBO difference (if you haven't chronod) between the 2?

Sound like either a spine issue or a center shot issue.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by gplant
Do a walk back tune. Most likely you need to adjust your rest a bit.

I don't get how if you only adjust your rest you can get the BH and field tip to fly the same. He already mentioned that his FP is flying perfectly. Any adjustment of the rest might tune in his BH but will then cause his FP to fly out of line.

I had this same problem last year with my arrows. My solution ended up being that I resighted the bow in for BH only so that they were shooting consistently straight at 20 to 30 yards. I couldn't shoot my FP again until I moved my sight/rest back to where my FP where shooting well. I probably had a arrow spine/tune issue which made my BH shoot differently than my FP.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 07tomkat
I don't get how if you only adjust your rest you can get the BH and field tip to fly the same. He already mentioned that his FP is flying perfectly. Any adjustment of the rest might tune in his BH but will then cause his FP to fly out of line.

I had this same problem last year with my arrows. My solution ended up being that I resighted the bow in for BH only so that they were shooting consistently straight at 20 to 30 yards. I couldn't shoot my FP again until I moved my sight/rest back to where my FP where shooting well. I probably had a arrow spine/tune issue which made my BH shoot differently than my FP.
BH's will react more when you move the rest than FP's will.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:09 AM
Dominant Buck

JUst because your bow is sighted in for FP's......it doesn't mean you have center shot set, correctly.

You can be sighted in to mask a lot of tuning errors. People do it with mechanicals all the time.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by GMMAT
JUst because your bow is sighted in for FP's......it doesn't mean you have center shot set, correctly.

You can be sighted in to mask a lot of tuning errors. People do it with mechanicals all the time.
That wouldn't explain why he is getting good results through paper with fp's though.

It does sound like something is a little off. Try a walk-back tune. I've found that paper will get you very close, but walk-back tuning will get you right where you need to be.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:27 AM
Dominant Buck

It would if his arrows weren't spined correctly.

(I think....lol)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.