Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

G5 Tekan?

Old 08-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default G5 Tekan?

Anyone have any insight on these broadheads? I like the way they look and was thinking about trying them out this year. so any experiences you guys have had with them will be nice. and if negative throw me a recomendation.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...817&hasJS=true
Old 08-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Must have something to them, Mike Waddell been hunting with them for years, yet G5 doesn't seem to be pimping this fact very much. I just noticed it on his arrow everytime I see a show or vid.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

Yea a lot of the guys on the realtree and bone collector team use them, thats kinda why i was looking at them. Those guys and gals lay down some beuatiful deer with them.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Spike

I don't have any experience with the tekan, but I love my g5 montec's. They make a quality product and I don't think you could go wrong with them. I would check out ebay, I get my montec's for about $30 with free shipping.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Spike

The tekan 2 is a sweet broadhead. It deploys like the rage brodheads. That is why I bought them in the first place. I have harvested 2 does with the tekan 2 and they were as good as any broadhead I have ever shot. They fly straight and true and hit very hard. I was worried as I only shoot 60 lbs but they got it done. I am also kinda supprised that G5 doesn't talk about The realtree guys too. You would think they would be all over that.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:45 AM
Spike

Good product by G5 and fly very true to FP. only thing, sometimes the blades get the slightest amount of rust and cause them to stick a little after hunting in the rain. just check your broadhead like you would anything else in the treestand to make it will do its job. i also like and prefer to shoot the G5 stikers. short and fat and just as accurate as the tekan.