Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sick of this

Old 08-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry it's you, not the bow.

Sounds like you are overbowed. You should turn it down to it's low end.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

would it be ok if i turned it down on my own without taking it too the pro shop?
Old 08-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

one problem that ican think of might be that this bow has an extremely low letoff % so when i release my hand kinda pops out but i cant help it cause of the pressure that my arm is under so i cant hold still when i release keep in mind that i have had this bow dialed in before so it hasnt always been like this
Old 08-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can turn it down on your own, but make sure you do it evenly. Start by making sure both limb bolts are all the way down, then back out each 1 turn. See if that helps before backing them out any further - I'm not familiar with your bow so I'm not sure of the limit.

You should be able to take it back 2 full turns w/o problems though.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by wallhangr
You can turn it down on your own, but make sure you do it evenly. Start by making sure both limb bolts are all the way down, then back out each 1 turn. See if that helps before backing them out any further - I'm not familiar with your bow so I'm not sure of the limit.

You should be able to take it back 2 full turns w/o problems though.
I agree with this.

If you still have the manual for the bow it will tell you how many turns, maximum, you can back off (My bow tells me on the limbs how many turns I can make). But as suggested you do want to start with the limb bolts fully turned down and back off in equal turns. If necessary use white out to make a mark at the 12 o'clock position on the bolt and limb so you can be accurate. Personally I like to go half turns. On my bow I can back off 3 full turns maximum. You should be safe at 2 but if you have your manual and it says you can go more then go as low as it says.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i bought this bow used so i dont have a manual so i will try to get it right
Old 08-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

If a bow is out of tune or if the fletchings are hitting the rest or sight window, then those arrows will NOT fly the same every time. It's no different than being in tune with a fieldpoint, only to have a broadhead looping or diving. It's all effected by the way that air moves across the arrow. If it's not coming out straight, then the flight won't be consistent. My suggestions would be to: (1)check to see if the cams are out of sync (not rolling over at the same time) (2) see if your fletchings are hitting somewhere on you rest or sight window. ( a drop away rest can solve these issues).
Old 08-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Spike

Try putting a kisser button on your string to help you setup at the same spot every shot.