Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Does the loop on your string effect draw length? >

Does the loop on your string effect draw length?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does the loop on your string effect draw length?

Old 08-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I will use Tony's pic to explain why the loop not only affects anchors but draw length as well.In the pic you can see he clearly has a SOLID foundation and great form.(Everyone can learn from it)His primary anchor(release hand) is solid against his face and his draw elbow is perfect.THIS IS THE PRIMARY.

Many are judging by SECONDARY anchors,which are subjective.Most prefer tip of the nose and corner of the mouth,as do I.

For Tony to maintain his PRIMARY anchor which helps determine his foundation and body alignment and change his secondary anchors to the tip of the nose and corner of his mouth TWO things have to happen.He would have to first,shorten the draw length of the bow and then lengthen the loop.(he could lower his anchor as well but that affects the primary.He may end up having adjust it in the end as well if he were to go to the tip of the nose.

SO,from this it has to be determined that the loop length affects the draw length of the bow.Longer loop,shorter bow draw length.

Of course he has chosen different secondary anchors for whatever reason.I actually like what he is doing and can see how it is extremely comfortable and repeatable(the coach I have referred to uses basically the same)It also allows for a longer draw length and gives him greater speeds for 3-d.

Last edited by TFOX; 08-22-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Dominant Buck

This is where we disagree and it might be a matter of opinion.I have shot 2 different loop lengths with 2 different draw length settings on the bow and both are correct for me dependant upon what kind of shooting I want to do.
Can we narrow this down (for the sake of this discussion) to one setup? Do you agree (and based on your setups, I'd say you'd have to) that there is ONE optimal setup for each style of shooting you do?

This is interesting.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Can we narrow this down (for the sake of this discussion) to one setup? Do you agree (and based on your setups, I'd say you'd have to) that there is ONE optimal setup for each style of shooting you do?

This is interesting.
I agree with that.We all have our preferences.(exception,like in 3-d.If you know you have a hilly course,you might want to setup slightly shorter than a flat one)There,one could shorten the loop,but will that affect the primary anchor and/or the elbow position.You MIGHT be better off twisting the string,but that is completely subjective.Each person will make that decision for themselves.Most will just adjust the loop.

I would have to say that is why Tony shoots with his secondary anchors back on his face rather than on his nose and corner of his mouth.It is his preference.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Dominant Buck

I agree with that.
Great. So would it be stretching it to say that this would be true for everyone?
Old 08-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sure,except for my exception,not everyone will need to make changes in that scenario but some might.

Just go ahead and get to your point.lol
Old 08-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Sure,except for my exception
Now you're going backwards.

Would it be true for everyone? Yes or no?
Old 08-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now you're going backwards.

Would it be true for everyone? Yes or no?

I am not playing your game,have a good day.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Dominant Buck

You won't answer a simple question, T....and it's "my game"...lol.

Have a good one.

(BTW...If I were riding that horse....I wouldn't answer it, either)
Old 08-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

You won't answer a simple question, T....and it's "my game"...lol.

Have a good one.

(BTW...If I were riding that horse....I wouldn't answer it, either)
He already did? He said there are exceptions. There is no YES or NO definitive answer. Why keep the madness going??
Old 08-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Drock....There are no exceptions. He knows it...and no he didn't answer (and again... I wouldn't, either....riding that horse).

He wants to cite different setups as "exceptions" (different setups for different target tactics). That's just bs. It's an "out".

One archer. One setup. One release aid. One Bow. Correct form. It ain't that hard.

Why keep the madness going? The madness would be over.....if I could get a straight answer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.