Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
are my eyes deceiving me? >

are my eyes deceiving me?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

are my eyes deceiving me?

Old 08-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Spike

Default are my eyes deceiving me?

When I look through my peep, to the target, I find that I see two sight pins. When I close one eye I can define the sight pin that I need to look at. Here comes the problem. I find it very difficult to see my target (12 ring) clearly. I've tried using glasses for distance (near sighted) which helps for the clarity for distance, but now when I look at my sight pin it is not clear at all. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, what can be done? Will progressive lenses solve my problem? Thank you for any help.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Dominant Buck

clarifier lens. Superior archery products.

Let me guess......40yrs old?
Old 08-20-2009, 10:51 AM
Spike

Are you sure you are using your dominant eye when looking through the peep. Sounds silly but sometimes just because you are right handed doesnt mean your right eye is dominant. If not, this will throw your view off and if you compensate for it you will never be able to hit your target.

If this isnt the case then I would suggest a bifocal whether in lined or progessive.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by LonRainJer
Are you sure you are using your dominant eye when looking through the peep. Sounds silly but sometimes just because you are right handed doesnt mean your right eye is dominant. If not, this will throw your view off and if you compensate for it you will never be able to hit your target.

If this isnt the case then I would suggest a bifocal whether in lined or progessive.
x2...I had the same problem. There were two fixes, either I close my left eye or I shoot lefty. This will be my third season with my left-handed Parker Wildfire.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by LonRainJer

Yeah your telling me I am right handed and left eye dominant but i feel more comfortable shooting and using my bow left handed. It sucks!!!!!!!!! BUT What can u do about it!!
Old 08-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by GMMAT
clarifier lens. Superior archery products.

Let me guess......40yrs old?
Jeff, you should mean Verifier lens. A clarifier lens should be used with a front lens (scope).

And with that Jeff is right, the Verifier lens will help you tremendously. When I'm not wearing my contact (right eye only) I have a verifier lens in my Super Peep housing. What it will do is make your pins crisp and slightly blur the taget. It won't blur enough to cause you ill shots or anything like that and the pros outway the cons. The verifier lens can be taken in and out.

SUPER PEEP AND VERIFIER LENS LINK:

Last edited by Rob/PA Bowyer; 08-20-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

Turns out I'm right eye dominant and left handed! But I've shot righty since I remember. Rifles, pistols, bows, pool, golf... all right handed. It was just natural I guess since I never had to learn it. I didnt realize I was right eye dom. till I was much older. Just always shot everything right handed and the whole time never realizing it was because of the dominant eye
Old 08-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes Rob...Verifier. I stand, corrected.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:15 AM
Spike

Thanks guys for responding. Forty? No, 59, so you can see why the eyes are not what they use to be. Yes, I am left eye dominant and shoot right handed. I've been shooting this way for many years and have been very successful. I understand what you are saying about the verifier lens but after I see my pin clearly, what will this do for my distance target? Has anyone tried using progressive lenses?
Thanks again.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Anthony T.
Turns out I'm right eye dominant and left handed! But I've shot righty since I remember. Rifles, pistols, bows, pool, golf... all right handed. It was just natural I guess since I never had to learn it. I didnt realize I was right eye dom. till I was much older. Just always shot everything right handed and the whole time never realizing it was because of the dominant eye
Same here, only thing I do with my left hand is write. I just could not get a comfortable view sighting in with my right eye. In a pinch I can pull out my right handed bow and use it, but I never feel like I'm fully focused on my target and pin. The only thing I can guess is because a gun scope looks more two dimensional while a peep, sight pin and target are more three dimensional.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.