Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
daytime deer movement >

daytime deer movement

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

daytime deer movement

Old 08-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default daytime deer movement

i was wondering if there was any way to get deer to move on our propety during the day like an attractant or something. i rarely get trail cam pics of deer during the day. where i hunt is all in the crp program but there are some small patches of trees. we do have a food plot by one of those patches of trees. the deer dont really seem to be using it very much the only time they seemed to use it alittle was when i put some corn it it but they only where in it a couple days and thats it. i do have a corn pile out in the middle of the field. if i would qiut feeding them with corn in the field do you think they would come to the food plot. i would really like to see deer in my food plot. it is a clover mix food plot. do you have and advice. thanks
Old 08-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Dominant Buck

I can't imagine deer NOT using a clover food plot, unless there were acorns present.

How much are you going in there?
Old 08-19-2009, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by GMMAT
I can't imagine deer NOT using a clover food plot, unless there were acorns present.

How much are you going in there?
couple times a week
Old 08-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

Do you have any water source ? I had 84 pictures in the past week on a water source. Severial bucks.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bucksniper14
couple times a week

Dang, I just can't imagine why the deer don't seem comfortable moving about freely during the day...

Your going to have the area burned out before the season gets here...

Also, deer prefer white ladino clover over red clover...It also helps to clip it about 6-8 inches high to give it new growth...I'd also lime it and fertilize with 4-20-24 to help give it new growth about a month before the season...