Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
proper hand placement video >

proper hand placement video

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

proper hand placement video

Old 08-19-2009, 08:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default proper hand placement video

I found this on that other sight but imo,is the best explanation on how to properly grip a bow and explain WHY.A couple other things are touched on like bone to bone alignment but the hand placement was key.

http://www.bowtube.com/media/6/Get_A_Grip/

Last edited by TFOX; 08-19-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Dominant Buck

T:

Easiest way I've heard it explained to me is.....put your arm in the position it would be in if you were gonna push against something (a doorway?).
Old 08-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

When people ask me, I always say, "what does a cop do when he signals traffic to stop? then just rotate 45 degrees- there is your grip"

Working @ the shop the past couple months I've really been made aware again how many people could become much better shooters if they just stopped manhandling the grip and drop the draw length 1/2 to 1 inch.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:16 AM

Nice video from one of the best Larry Wise.
John
Gator Jaw Archery Release - Simply the Best
www.jammer3.com
Old 08-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice video . very good reminder on how to hold it.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

It has been explained many ways,I just thought the simplistic way he goes through the how and why of it was very easy to understand and duplicate.He also used the stop sign method.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default Great video

Larry Wise knows his stuff.
DB
Old 08-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Working @ the shop the past couple months I've really been made aware again how many people could become much better shooters if they just stopped manhandling the grip and drop the draw length 1/2 to 1 inch
Oh yes. It is soooo difficult to get someone to actually listen to you. Brand new archers will actually listen but you get someone that has been doing it wrong for 10 years and you may as well be talking to a brick wall. I usually get the "I have been doing it this way for 10 years and i kill deer every year."
Old 08-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Oh yes. It is soooo difficult to get someone to actually listen to you. Brand new archers will actually listen but you get someone that has been doing it wrong for 10 years and you may as well be talking to a brick wall. I usually get the "I have been doing it this way for 10 years and i kill deer every year."
I had a guy a couple years back insist that the correct way to hold a bow was turning your elbow up and out and bending it away from the string.I tried to show him this method but he just wouldn't accept it.This was a friend and I just had to let him be.

Out on the 3-d range nowadays I am seeing as many people too short as I am seeing too long.Seems they blame every shooting flaw on draw length being too long.