Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage 2 Vs 3.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im going to be using the 2 blade for the first time this year. First time for mechanicals for me period. My wifes cousin started using the rage last year and i have never seen a head do as much damage as these things do. A buddy of ours uses them too and shot a doe the same nite that my wifes cousin shot his. Both deer went no more than 35 yards and piled up dead. And not to mention the blood trails were like nothing I have ever seen before....except for when one gets hit on the road by a Mack truck lol.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have never shot the 3 blade but have been shooting the 2 blade for a while. and so far so good. the main thing is to make sure they will work out of your setup.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:16 AM
Spike

I am not using the RAGES this year. I shot the 2 blade last year and was displeased with the way the blades constantly fell open while in my stand. I have heard people having success with them, but i was not one of them. I am thinking about switching to the Spitfires...

Goodluck!!
Old 08-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Spike

I was not pleased with the performance of the two blades I used last year. I had the same problem as the other guys with the blades coming open when I didn't want them to. I shot two does with them last year, decent shots, not one was recovered. The last head I gave to my brother-in-law and he shot a button buck with it and totally devastated it. I don't know, maybe I wasn't holding my tongue right, but I will not use them. I have been told that they are great heads, and witnessed my BIL shoot that button, but they will never be i my quiver again.
I switched to the shuttle t-locks last year after I wounded 2, am have never been so pleased with the performance of a head. They shoot great!!! I will have a Atom and a Spitfire in my quiver this year to try out on coyotes and turkeys. I have only heard good things about the spitfire, we will see though.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

I have shot quite a few deer with the two blade and boy do they do and awesome job fly exactly like my field points and have shot deer from pretty much all angles with no deflection even directly through the shoulder blade.
dont listen to those who havent used them they are a great broadhead
Old 08-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Spike

Smile

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t
I will be shooting the 2 blade this year for the first time. I am switching for the Muzzy 3 blade.
Going to give them a try! Have been a die hard muzzy fan for years but change is good... I hope!

Good luck all!
Old 08-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Typical Buck

i will be trying the 2 blades this year
Old 08-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the 2 bladers last year and they worked well for me. No issues and all pass thru's with mine. Both the deer fell within 50 yards. I'll be using them again this year!
Old 08-19-2009, 11:59 PM
Fork Horn

i wouldnt fool with either one of them. i shot them last year they fly really good and leave massive wound channels...but thats when the blades dont come open. they aint worth the hassel of checkin the blades. When im up in a tree and i see a deer i shouldnt have to worry if the blades are closed or not. im shootin vortex this year.