Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How often...

Old 08-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How often...

do you guys wash your hunting clothes? Every day? Every week? I wash mine about every 2 weeks(or longer) but i hunt only on weekends. I should probably wash them more often but im not sure whats overkill and whats not. So i just want to hear what you guys do. Thoughts?
Old 08-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

If I'M going hunting in the morn and evening then I don't wash them untill I go out for the next week hunt .I use baken soda to wash my clothes
Old 08-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

MO--I would wash them after every hunt if you are only hunting on the weekends. By after every hunt, like wash them at the end of the day Saturday. If you are hunting both weekend days, I would wash them on Saturday and Sunday night. Just hang them out to dry and then place them in a plastic tub or plastic unscented trash bag.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

A few times a year If that...

Derek
Old 08-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Spike

Are you having any luck hunting with your clothes being washed every 2 weeks? If so, then who cares what we think it's working. If not, I wash mine before every hunt and I also use sent eliminator.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I try to wash mine after every hunt. Sometimes if it's raining I don't because I don't like to use the dryer if I can help it because I'm worried about the foreign odors coming from it. Line dry is the only way to go.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

At least once a week...depends on how many times I go out. If I kill something, I always wash afterwards...seems as though I always get some evidence of the kill on me somewhere.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Scavenger
Are you having any luck hunting with your clothes being washed every 2 weeks? If so, then who cares what we think it's working. If not, I wash mine before every hunt and I also use sent eliminator.
I agree! Trial and error. Ive found that no matter what, i always have something on thats not perfect so why bother with washing etc... all the time. Spray a little cover spray on me and the gear, and its off into the woods to set up with the wind in MY favor!

Derek
Old 08-17-2009, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wash before every hunt, meaning if I hunt Friday, Saturday & Sunday and would not hunt again until the next Friday, Saturday, Sunday, I would wash Wed or Thr night.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

After each hunt, and I don't wear the same thing in the evening as I wore in the morning. I take enough clothes in order to do that.
In Texas we don' t have enough cold weather, normally it could just be a tee shirt on top in the evenings.