Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tips needed

Old 08-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default Tips needed

I am hunting farm land with very little woods. It seems as though the big bucks come in when the corn and beans are down and there is little left to eat. I will include an areial it is the land to the N.W. east of 54. I have a ground blind set up in the woodline to the east of 54 and a climber placed on the N of the bedding. This would be the parcel to the W of the quarry.
Thanks
Damon
http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...cl=1&encType=1
Old 08-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

From the looks of the map, that looks like pretty tough hunting trying to get on those deer when they are coming to the food.

For me, I would try to pattern one in the early part of the season and nail him when he is coming to the food, because once the hunting pressure gets on his pattern will change. With that fantastic looking bedding area as being one of the only in the area, I would probably hold off hunting too close to it until the time was right. Maybe the first week of November start hitting that bedding area working the wind right, and even then, maybe only hunt it every 3-4 days.

Disclaimer: I have never hunted an area like that and am interested in hearing how you do this year Damon...good luck.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the help,looking forward to more. good luck to you also!

Last edited by Damon; 08-16-2009 at 02:09 PM.