Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
A big salute to the Captain! >

A big salute to the Captain!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A big salute to the Captain!

Old 08-16-2009, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default A big salute to the Captain!

Just got the Captain setup and sighted in. I got to say that this is the smoothest bow I ever shot, and that coming from a life-long Hoyt shooter. My last new bow was a Hoyt Oasis that I purchased 12 years ago. This thing shoots circles around the Hoyt. I was shooting my fletching off in about 6-7 shots and had to back up to 30yds. Here is the setup; Captain at 65lbs, 28in draw, Trophy Ridge Mantis sight with v-drive, yes I prefer a pendulum sight, Ripcord arrow rest, my first drop-away, and a new tru-ball short-n-sweet release. So all hail the new Captain!

Attached Thumbnails A big salute to the Captain!-img_1792.jpg  
Old 08-16-2009, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bow!Folks around here are buying up Bowtechs big time.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet bow!! Glad it's working for you.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

Did you shoot the AlphaMax before deciding on the Captain? I was just wondering because you said you were a Hoyt man, but were shooting a 12 year old bow. Just curious to if the BowTech just outperformed the Hoyt.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

Nice bow. I really liked the Captain when I shot it this year.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by supaflav
Did you shoot the AlphaMax before deciding on the Captain? I was just wondering because you said you were a Hoyt man, but were shooting a 12 year old bow. Just curious to if the BowTech just outperformed the Hoyt.

Yes, I shot the AM32 and the 35. I also shot the Bowtech Sentinal and I got to say the Captain just felt better than any of them. I would place the AM 35 in second place though. I also felt that the Captain was faster and a little more forgiving. One reason I had always shot Hoyts, and I have owned many, is because they were just so smooth. But I have to say this Captain was smoother than anything I've ever shot, IMO.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love mine I tell ya one thing I noticed is that when I get outside 20 yards it's alot smoother than my General I am assuming cause its a bigger bow by smoother I mean steadier. Nothing is as smooth as my general. Anyways the captain is a sweet shooter!
Old 08-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

PJ--That bow looks awesome, good luck this fall with it.