Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Loose Grip Help Please >

Loose Grip Help Please

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Loose Grip Help Please

Old 08-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default Loose Grip Help Please

I have a Mathews DXT I bought last april and recently I noticed my grip seems to be loose. Not loose were it is going to fall off but just a little bit lose and it is making a soft popping noise when I grip the bow. There is no screws to tighten so it must glued on or with some kind of adhesive tape. Does any one know how to tighten it back up again. I also have a Mathews LX and the grip on it is rock solid. I emailed Mathews but I haven't got a response yet. I was just thinking of taking to the pro shop but i dont know the grip becoming loose is covered under the warranty.
Any help I would be greatly thankful for.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would recommend heating the entire grip area with blow dryer and working the grip loose until you can get it off. Then, clean the old glue off and re-glue with a quality two part epoxy.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lx lungbuster7
I was just thinking of taking to the pro shop but i dont know the grip becoming loose is covered under the warranty.
Any help I would be greatly thankful for.

I don't see why not? I would take it there and find out.