Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I want a Bow...

Old 08-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Ava
Fork Horn

Coolness.

I found a shop not too far from here today and may take a stroll out this weekend to take a look around. I either want a gun or a bow of my own by my birthday around Christmas.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Spike

Welcome to one of the most addictive sports there is. Once you start shooting and playing with bows you will be hooked. It is (IMHO) 100 times better than gun hunting. Reason being you have to be a hunter not a sniper. Getting a deer to get within bow range without winding you or seeing you draw is tough. There are a ton of bows on the market. The best bow is the one that fits you and you feel comfortable with. If the Mathews feels right in your hands than go with that one. You can find one that fits you right that will be half the price of Mathews. Martin makes good bows along with Diamond, Mission, Browning, and PSE. Shoot them all and you will know which one is best for you.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

go to all the different shops you can, and shoot all the different bows you can. learn your draw length. you will soon find a bow that just feels better than the rest.

be sure to shoot bowtech/diamond bows