Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Now I'm confused...I thought I was gonna take the Trykon and then. >

Now I'm confused...I thought I was gonna take the Trykon and then.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Now I'm confused...I thought I was gonna take the Trykon and then.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Now I'm confused...I thought I was gonna take the Trykon and then.

I was shooting the Katera XL, shooting at 25, 34, and 43yds. I put the new target cover one and shot a group from 43yds....

Now you tell me.... And yes, those are mismatched arrows, but all Carbon Stalker Extremes.....

Which bow to take on the elk hunt??? I think the Katera is easily 15fps faster, but a little more finicky at times as well.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

With shooting like that I would take the Katera XL. I had the Trykon and sold it for the Katera XL. I love the way the Kat shoots and would not go back. The Katera XL will be my main bow for at least 2 more years. Good luck on the Elk.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wihunter402
With shooting like that I would take the Katera XL. I had the Trykon and sold it for the Katera XL. I love the way the Kat shoots and would not go back. The Katera XL will be my main bow for at least 2 more years. Good luck on the Elk.
Thanks, but man I tell ya, you got an Alphamax and you're still liking the Katera XL??? Now I really am CONFUSED!!! I just have to get the "finicky" figured out and this may very well be my #1 bow.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
Thanks, but man I tell ya, you got an Alphamax and you're still liking the Katera XL??? Now I really am CONFUSED!!! I just have to get the "finicky" figured out and this may very well be my #1 bow.
Hey don't get me wrong I love the way the AMax shoots too. I just have the AMax all decked out in black and being a short ATA I love it in the ground blind. It maxs out at 60 pounds and I purchased it mainly for turkey hunting. I am shooting light arrows (Victory HV at 318 grains). I know it will take deer just fine but my Katera XL was setup for deer and I love having both. I am sure I will be switching back and forth this season between the 2. Sure is fun to have the choice.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Host of Hosts

It's about time you RETIRE that Trykon You might have beaten me at the GTG if you'd have had the Katera

Last edited by PABuck_HNTR; 08-26-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by PABuck_HNTR
It's about time you RETIRE that Trykon You might have beaten me at the GTG if you'd have had the Katera
me X2

shoot straight at those large targets