Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
String suppressors >

String suppressors

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

String suppressors

Old 08-11-2009, 05:55 AM
Spike

Default String suppressors

On my old bow I had a string suppressors that was attached to the cable guard slide. I forgot to take it off when I sold it and don't know where the guy bought it that I got the bow originally from. Does anyone have any suggestions or know where I may can find one of these again? Thanks!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have used the type of string suppressor you are talking about but in all honesty I think you would be happier with one that mounts below the handle.

Dan
Old 08-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with MeanV. I think Bear/Jennings made the ones you are referring to, but never sold them as an accessory as far as I know.

Check MeanV's suppressor out. You won't be disappointed.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by HuntingBry

Check MeanV's suppressor out. You won't be disappointed.
Exactly! http://www.meanvarchery.com/index.html
Old 08-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Dominant Buck

You can also make your own for about $10.

Do a search on string suppressors or BigJ71. He details the procedure.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by GMMAT
You can also make your own for about $10.

Do a search on string suppressors or BigJ71. He details the procedure.
You can't make one of mine for that!!

All 7075 HT Aluminum and film dipped with state of the art procedures. Nuts are machined out of solid brass to prevent any corrosion or seizure problems, and my stopper is one of the best on the market.

I had the 1st camo string suppressor on the market and still lead in that category. Also my feedback and customer service rivals anyone's. Check it out!

For those who want the best!

Here Ya go Jeff!

Dan
Old 08-11-2009, 09:11 AM
Dominant Buck

You can't make a Rolex for the price of a Timex.....but they both tell time, quite accurately.

No need to reply to my post, Dan. I gave accurate info. If someone chooses to spend the coin for your product......by all means have at it.

BTW....Can't they just order your stopper and install it on the $10 version?
Old 08-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Another thing I might mention due to demand I also now have available String Suppressors that replace the OEM models on the Hoyts and the CP BowTechs.

You can check them out on the website.

No comment Jeff but your $10 version will be getting higher all the time and still won't be the same materials or machining

Dan
Old 08-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Here's a copy of BigJ's thread. I was off by $5. Sue me.

----------------------

Hey all,

I've been bouncing around the idea of trying out an STS type string suppressor to see how it works so I decided to make my own and I wanted to tell anyone who is interested how to do it....cheap!

First of all you must have a bow with a rear facing bushing to do this. If you don't you're pretty much S.O.L. as far as this "do it yourself" project is concerned.

The first thing you need to do is go out and get one of these:

They are pretty inexpensive (about $8.00 to $10.00) and you can get them at pretty much any Pro Shop. All it is, is an old style cable guide rod that screws into your bow. Once you purchased this you need to go out and also purchase this:

This is (obviously) the packaging for an STS end piece. You know, that rubber string stopper at the end of the rod. It cost me $6.95 at my local Pro Shop. This along with the rod, Ihave a whole $14.95 invested into this project!

Next, I simply measured the distance from the rear bushing to the string and cut the rod to that length. Remember to take into consideration the amount of the overall rod length that screws into the bushing as well as the thickness of the rubber stopper when cutting the rod. Take your time and make sure your measurements are correct.

Once done you simply slip on the rubber end and install it on the bow like this:

And this:

And this:

And there you have it! The whole project took me about 10 minuets to do....Very simple! If you want, you can add a "Bow Jack" to the rod or any other kind of dampener or just leave it plain. Now this obviously is going to be black in color unless you can find a camo guide rod. I've seen them before but they are not that common. These black aluminum rods are all over the place.

So if you ever wanted to try out one of these STS/MeanV type string suppressors but don't want to cough up the big money for one, here is an extremely cost efficient way to get the exact same thing!

Good luck and good shooting.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Spike

would you still be able to use a cable guard slide with that setup?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.