Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
shooting down hill :( >

shooting down hill :(

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

shooting down hill :(

Old 08-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Spike

Default shooting down hill :(

so we have really hilly ish land hardly any of it is flat. anyways im shooting down hill only problem you cant really sight it in correctly. if u take the slant its probably a 2 foot drop is there anything i can do besides shooting some where else lol. to correctly sight it in or do i pretty much have to go some where that i can actually shoot flat lol.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I understand your question, 2 foot of vertical drop between your height and the targets will not affect your point of impact.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heck, I wouldn't even worry about a 2 foot drop when sighting in. At the short distances that archers shoot the angle of trajectory actually is very minimal. For instance. Even if your 20 feet up in a tree and the direct distance from you in the stand to your target is 30 yards. The actual distance accross the ground is actually 29.2 yards which isn't much difference. Bows today are so flat that gravity even plays a minimal impact over the short distance that they travel from release to target. I sight my bow in every year at 40 yards downhill and it's still dead on when I move to level ground or turn around and shoot uphill.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Actually....Shooting uphill (at normal bowhunting distances) has the exact same effect as shooting downhill. Most people will shoot high.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Actually....Shooting uphill (at normal bowhunting distances) has the exact same effect as shooting downhill. Most people will shoot high.
that's my mane problem. after 25 yrds i start shooting higher. im guessing its me and not the pin?? guess practice makes perfect any sugestions???

good to hear it shouldn't affect my pins ect.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

just get it out of your head that ur shooting high...hav confidence and keep practicing
Old 08-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Dominant Buck

The reason most people shoot high (when shooting downhill) is....they don't bend at the waist. Crucial from a treestand.