Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
I need some help. >

I need some help.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need some help.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:24 AM
Spike

Default I need some help.

About two years ago, I bought myself a Martin Cheetah. I loved it, it was small, shot nice, and very quiet. I loved everything about it... until a couple days ago I was target shooting, and at full draw back my top cam came flying off the bow and cracked my limb in half. Since then I decided to steer away from Martin. I was thinking about getting a Mathews, but I'm only 17 with a part-time job, so money is low. Any recommedations?
Old 08-03-2009, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Since funds are limited I would go to your local archery shop and try and find a used bow. Or go on craigslist and find a good used one. Just remember you must be comfortable with the bow. Good luck and you better hurry up to get it sighted in.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

First, Martin is a very good bow, but I can understand how this may scare you away.

Second, I understand about limited funds. Just know you do not have to spend $900 on a new naked bow. There are a LOT of good bows on the market, in every price range. Take a look at the Mission line if you think you want a Mathews, but are worried about the price. Mission is a sister company and they make a very sweet bow at a very sweet price.

Good Luck!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Martin is a VERY good company. Get in touch with them directly, explain the situation and see what (if anything) they can do to help. Give them the first crack at rectifying the situation before you go buying anything else.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

Parker, lifetime warranty and you can get a good setup for around $400 ready to hunt with a few sighting in shots.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Spike

I agree with bugsnbows. Contact martin before you do anything else. I have a Martin Tiger that I had had for years and I have never had any problem. I think Martin will fix it for you. You will most likley have to ship it to them on your dime but it would be cheaper than buying even a used bow. I am happy to hear you are a young man into bowhunting. Look at the package deals in cabelas if you can't get anywhere with martin. Good Luck.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Contact Martin 1st. I 've been in Archery/Bowhunting starting 53 years & Martin has been around all that time-Good Bows & good Co.. I'll be surprised if they don't treat you right. Lots of good Bows around-I bought a NEW single Cam Darton from Cabelas bargain cave in 2004 for $99. It's done an excellent job on at least 25 animals in the last 4 years & assuming this year won't be any different.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

dont wanna sound like a broken arrow but call martin first. I had a problem with some products i had gotten from NAP. sent them an email and instead of asking alot of questions the next contact i got was to tell me i had a brand new pack in the mail on the way. alot of these companies know we are the only reason they are around.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot a Martin and three years after buying my bow i started to notice that the camo finish was wearing off around the grip. I called Martin and they sent me out an upgraded leather and wood grip that normally sales for $60.00. This covered the problem and they were very helpful. I'm sure they will help you out.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Now if that was a PSE thered be no worries, youd be taken care of....enough said..