Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Help with new release. >

Help with new release.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help with new release.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Help with new release.

As some of you might recall in my last post, I said I was getting ready to purchase a Bowtech Captain. This bow comes with a string-loop, which I have never used. For the last 20yrs or so I have used a rope release. Now for you younguns, string loops never were used until the advent of fast-flight string material back in the eighties. One of the reasons for string loops was because caliper type releases caused the string serving to separate or break with repeated use, thus the string loop was born. I didn't go that route, figuring target shooters all shot rope releases, they must be accurate. But what is a rope release but just a portable string loop. Now I find myself being drug into the 21st century, archery wise, so I'm not sure what type of release to go with. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-03-2009, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Scott makes some great releases, including the newer ones setup for a string loop. I don't shoot those, but do shoot a Scott Mongoose and its a nice setup. The wife uses a Scott Lil Goose. I am very tempted though to try one of their new string loop releases(Rhino Xt and Silverhorn).
Old 08-03-2009, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just started using a release myself.I went with the TrueFire Hurricane buckle.I've nothing to compare it to but it works great and I like it alot.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jim, currently and for years I've used the Truball Copperhead. I really like it and I've been very successful with it. The Velcro on the strap is wearing out finally and although a buckle strap is better, I was fine with it til now. I'm looking for a new strap for it but in the meanwhile,

I just ordered a Scott Wildcat with the buckle strap and strap to the head. It's one of the very best IMO.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

I've used a Scott Sabertooth (wrist-strap style) the past 2 seasons & it's an excellent release.

This year I switched to a hand-held release & I've seen a huge improvement. The release I went with is a Stan Shootoff 4-finger model.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

I second the truefire hurricane buckle one of the most compfortable realeases I have ever used.