Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

David Blanton

Old 08-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default David Blanton

I got the chance to meet Realtree's David Blanton today at Cabelas in Wheeling, WV. He was there this weekend signing autographs and taking pics. He also gave a seminar and talked and answered questions for an hour and twenty minutes! It was very interesting to hear. He talked to me personally after the seminar, giving me tips on my young hunting career. It was an awesome experience to talk and to shake the hand of a man I grew up watching on TV and wanting to always hunt like. He is an extremely kind person with a great sense of humor. What a neat experience.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Spike

sounds like you had a awesome time!! i wish i could of done what you did! i've heard from a couple people who got to meet Micheal Waddell said that he was an absolute prick when not in front of the camera
Old 08-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

I have had the chance to meet a few pros at shows and I had heard some were pricks but I have had very good experiences each time, so I wouldn't believe everything I hear about them.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Spike

well im not saying its true i was just telling him what i heard i dont think to much of it anyways..
Old 08-03-2009, 03:13 AM
Fork Horn

Have talked to several of the TV hunters at Hunting Shows and have never had a bad experience with any of them. Spoke with Michael Waddell and his dad at an expo and they were cracking jokes and would answer any questions and take as many pictures as people wanted. I really liked talking to Stan Potts, he is a crazy character
Old 08-03-2009, 03:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's really neat. David Blanton is a great guy, as are all the Real Tree guys. I have met a lot of them at hunting expo shows and always wore my HNI hat they I got on here. So far, these TV hunters have autographed my hat!

David Blanton
Michael Waddell
Stan Potts
Greg Miller
Larry Weishuhn
Old 08-03-2009, 03:30 AM
Spike

Congrats man.

I met him in Ohio one time. Seems like a pretty nice guy. Something you won't forget.
That Cabelas is pretty sweet too.

Jeff
Old 08-03-2009, 04:07 AM
Typical Buck

I saw them there also.I never talked to him,that t.v. host stuff is not my thing.Of course I'm broke after going to Cabelas.I go there way to much.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Glad to hear that... I have never met any of them... good to know that some are still real down to earth people w/out chips on their shoulders...
Old 08-03-2009, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

It must have been Cabelas day yesterday. Myself one of my brothers, my two sons and three of their friends went and met Stan Potts at one of our Cabelas. He did a seminar also. He seemed like a very nice guy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.