Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

David Blanton

Old 08-03-2009, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the encounter. Meeting those you have seen on tv or read in magazines is a great experience.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Young Deer Hunter
I got the chance to meet Realtree's David Blanton today at Cabelas in Wheeling, WV. He was there this weekend signing autographs and taking pics. He also gave a seminar and talked and answered questions for an hour and twenty minutes! It was very interesting to hear. He talked to me personally after the seminar, giving me tips on my young hunting career. It was an awesome experience to talk and to shake the hand of a man I grew up watching on TV and wanting to always hunt like. He is an extremely kind person with a great sense of humor. What a neat experience.

Everything that I've seen, he looks like just a good ol boy. Acts like one of the nicest people out there.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Spike

Cabelas is having there archery classic days at all stores thats why the pros are there doing seminars, we had RALPH AND VICKKI here in wisconsins store doing 2 seminars on sat and sunday
Old 08-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by pse_hunter
sounds like you had a awesome time!! i wish i could of done what you did! i've heard from a couple people who got to meet Micheal Waddell said that he was an absolute prick when not in front of the camera
i met michael waddell at the dixie deer classic when he was coming out of the bathroom, he was not a prick at all. he was nice and autographed my hat. very nice guy in my experience.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pse_hunter
sounds like you had a awesome time!! i wish i could of done what you did! i've heard from a couple people who got to meet Micheal Waddell said that he was an absolute prick when not in front of the camera
I have met Waddell several times. He hunted a lease about 1/2 a mile away from one of my leases. He is anything but a prick, in fact, he is super friendly and funny as hell. What you see on t.v. is what you get in real life.

Great expierence for you meeting Blanton. A man that has hunted as much as he has is sure to be able to teach anyone more than just a few tricks of the trade. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

its great ya got to meet him. they are all pretty good ole boys. i know i had a blast when i met Eddie Salter. that guys knows his turkey and can call em with the best.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure DB is a nice guy... I remember him from some of the old Primos truth video's...

I use to like Rodger Raglin until I met him in person at a outdoor show back in 92 or 93 cant remember... Anyhow I tryed to talk to him and he really seemed like all he wanted me to do was buy his maniac 150 deer scent...

Them I got a chance to meet Dan Fitzgerald... Same thing... Went up to him after his seminar and asked to get a picture... He said he really like to but he had to get back to his booth... The pic would of took a whole 30 seconds...

Then I meet Bob Kirshner(spelling) at the harrisburg show... All he wanted to do was push his scents and his books on me...

I learned that 99.999% of these people are just trying to get rich... That include ol Mike W...

I pretty much dont think much of them...

I'm sure back in the day most of them were decent hunters... Now they don't have to hunt anymore... People bend over backwards to put them on big bucks, hopeing that they might get a chance to kiss there butts...
Old 08-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hear what your saying longbeard. its hard to find one of these people that dont try to sell ya something. the thing i like about eddie S is that he did try to sell something but he did it during the seminar not while we was talking one on one.