Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Illiniois Archery Season Thread pros please help the new guys >

Illiniois Archery Season Thread pros please help the new guys

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illiniois Archery Season Thread pros please help the new guys

Old 08-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Fork Horn

here is the spot that i am working with...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCrQ8CydAcs
Old 08-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Fork Horn

Ok guys so I am knocking down the weeds... and here is the plan you know i have the alphalpha to my south.... at the end of the funnel... So what I am going to do is knock down the weeds with a bushhog back in the woods... then throw out winterwheat notill to come up volentier... the thing is i have 30acres of alphalpha to my south and once the alphalpha is brown and the weeds are brown and the deer know they are being hunted and dont want to come out toward the alphalpha then I have a green food source inside the treeline where they should feel safe and I plan to be invisible... So i will update you on my halfassed foodplot when i get things together more.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

if i were you i wouldnt do that. your just going to scare all the deer from there.they might not come back until everythings dead and brown covered with snow. just leave it how it is and youll kill deer. if you mess with it too bad they will know they are being hunted already.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

do you have much wheat in the area?? I know in my neck of the woods we have some fields of it. If so you might wanna try Whitetail Institute's WinterGreens I haven't planted it yet but it would at least be a green food plot with MANY different kinds of food for them all winter long.