Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Questions about Bowtech Captain and others. >

Questions about Bowtech Captain and others.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Questions about Bowtech Captain and others.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Questions about Bowtech Captain and others.

Okay guys, need a little help here and some opinions. I haven't bought a new bow since 1998, Hoyt Oasis. I had a few days off so I made a trip to my local pro-shop to get my bow worked on. While I was there they invited me to shoot a couple different bows. Shot a Hoyt AM 32 and 35. Shot a Bowtech Captain and I believe a Guardian. I am here to tell you, bows have come a long way baby since 1998. I really loved the feel of the Captain and the way it shot was scary fast. I think the AM 35 was my next favorite. What do you guys think of these bows, the Captain in particular? I know it's pretty late in the year to be thinking about a new bow but I'm thinking about a new bow. I'd like to hear your likes/dislikes please.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 07-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jim,

My post will assumed to be biased but keep in mind I shot for Hoyt for more than 10 years. I remember the Oasis as I was still with Hoyt then. In 98 I favored the Tenacity II and did very well on the 3D circuit shooting MBR. I held a Hoyt until 2006 when I bought my first Bowtech after shooting many of the top of the line bows including Hoyt. I choose the 06 Bowtech for my bow of choice and since have been invited to hold a position with Bowtech.

The AM's are great shooting bows. The one I shot had slightly more kick and noise than the CP line of Bowtech and if Bowtech were to close their doors, a bow I'd likely shoot myself. I call it the WOW factor when someone first shoots the Admiral, Captain or Sentinel.

The Captain as an all around bow is fantastic. It's a mid size bow laying in between the ATA lengths of the shorter Admiral and longer Sentinel. You can say it's replaced the Guardian which is reveled to be one of Bowtech's all time bows. I know of no one that has shot one that isn't impressed. You can do far, far worse but rarely better on an all around extemely quiet yet still fast bow.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

I have an 07 Guardian and love it if I were going to get a new bow this year it would have been a Captain. Out of all the Bowtechs it felt the best to me and I thought it had a great draw cycle also. I like the look of the riser also. Great bow in my opinion.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a Captin and love it! Quiet, smooth, holds nice.... Can't wait to take it out in the field with me this year!!
Old 07-31-2009, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the feedback guys. That's what I love about this site. You can get opinions from real users about what you need to know. Rob you were right, there was definately a wow factor in shooting the Captain for the first time. Smoothest bow I ever shot, and that coming from a life-long Hoyt shooter. And by the way, I am purchasing the Captain today.

Blessings to all......Pastorjim
Old 07-31-2009, 05:50 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats. Enjoy your new bow.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:42 AM
Typical Buck

they are both great bows jim. Shoot them both again and see which you like best. Personally I am always going to be a bowtech owner. Just something about them.

rick