Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What should I do? 58 days to opening day! >

What should I do? 58 days to opening day!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What should I do? 58 days to opening day!

Old 07-30-2009, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kill your Aunt???
Old 07-30-2009, 09:51 AM
Spike

visit www.topshotarchery.com then email me if you see something you like I will work out the best deal I can for you. I have been there, years ago my mom sold my fly rod thinking no one used that long rod at a garage sale for like ten dollars. If you want to get something new and a complete package email [email protected] and I will take care of you the best I can.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

I had my bow get stolen and was able to turn it into the homeowners insurance and they paid me the entire amount all of the accs and bow were worth minus the 250 deductable. worth a shot to check into.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Spike

If you had your bow scheduled on your HO policy (as you should do with ALL your bows and firearms; trust me, I'm an insurance agent ), you could definitely turn it in if you were unable to track down the buyer and try to make a deal to get it back. Alternatively, your AUNT'S homeowners could pick up the tab, as she is the one who was responsible for your property walking away. That's why we HAVE insurance, after all. Not the first time this same situation has happened. Otherwise, keep a close eye on local classifieds to see if it turns up. It's likely the buyer knows it is an expensive bow and will try to make some quick cash.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:51 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by jag-mag
You had about 1700.00 bow sitting in a shed? WOW
My dad lives on the back of her property and we shoot our bows daily on a little range he has set up. Rather than carry my bow back and forth everyday I leave it in the shed (It has its own security system). Yes it was a 1700.00 dollar setup that I talked the local shop down to 1200.00.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

wow that sucks. Let us know how things work out.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:17 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
There also may be a clause in your homeowner's insurance that covers this...... Certainly worth a shot. Even if you have to pay the deductible, it's still worth it unless you have a $1500 deductible.
I told my aunt about calling her insurance company and trying to go that route. We are waiting to hear back from them. Just to rub salt in the wounds I recieved archery quota permits in the mail yesterday. One location I recieved a permit for only allows 25 hunters a year on it and they break it up into 5 three day hunts(5 hunters per hunt). We have a cell tower we maintain on the property and normally see 5-10 deer feeding down the guide wire paths every time we go there.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best $60 I ever spent
Old 08-08-2009, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
Best $60 I ever spent
LOL, that's funny

Sorry about your bad luck....man I'd be pissed for sure. Good luck finding it, I'd be on the hunt over at AT for a good used one right now. You can probably be all set up with something decent for a few hundred bucks...enough to get you through this season anyhow.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

hey man i got a fred bear TR3000 bow. i would have to try and find some arrows that would work on it. i would be willing to make a sweet deal on it just so you can get out in the woods. or if ya want just cover the shipping on it to you and ill let ya use it till you can get back yours or a new one. all i need to do is put a new tube on the peep site. its not a PSE but it would get ya back in the woods. let me know if ya wanna see it.
Sorry bout the bad luck man my aunt would be kissing my ass for eternity. im talking free food free everything.

Last edited by mohunter82; 08-08-2009 at 06:55 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.