Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Best climber stand? >

Best climber stand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best climber stand?

Old 07-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Best climber stand?

Hi all, I am starting to get into the world of bowhunting. I'm looking for a good climber stand that won't break the bank. What do you use, and why do you like it?
Old 07-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

For my money the Lone Wolf hand climber is the best. Not the most reasonably priced but you get what you pay for. Secondly, I'd look at the Summit line, not as stealthy but somewhat more affordable.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with GR8, get a lone wolf if you can afford one. I wanted one in the worst way until i saw the sit and climb was almost $400. I own a summit now. Also take a look at the treewalker climbers, they look pretty nice as well.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Spike

I agree with the others. Lonewolf is gret, but comes with a nice price tag. I have a Summit Viper that works really well and it's comortable for those long sits in the tree. Make sure you find one that feels good to sit in as well as climb with.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Spike

I have a summit goliath and I absolutely love it. I have used a viper and love them too. I have a friend of mine who has a lone wolf sit and climb and it is great as well just like everyone else said they are expensive. But you cant go wrong with a summit though. Good luck with whatever you get.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Not made anymore but you can still find them on Ebay. Loggy Bayou legend series. Loggy conformed to be like the rest but the legend is tough to beat. It's one piece platform and compact even when you add your backpack. Light and locks solid around the tree at your hunting height. The big difference is the fact you hook the stand around the tree, attach your feet and shimmy up the tree. Here is one that has all the right designs. The factory tried some modifications to it, but they never worked out. This one is the original design and it worth buying. I wouldn't use the climbing aid at all. I tried it and shimmying up the tree is very quiet and easy. FYI, I bought my son one for his hunting when he gets a little older to be own his own.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Loggy-Bayou-Clim...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old 07-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the help guys. I can't buy anything until I get some stuff sold though, so I'm kind of bummed.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by sdprice1
But you cant go wrong with a summit though. Good luck with whatever you get.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:03 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by GR8atta2d
For my money the Lone Wolf hand climber is the best. Not the most reasonably priced but you get what you pay for. Secondly, I'd look at the Summit line, not as stealthy but somewhat more affordable.
good advice! X2
Old 07-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Summit would be my suggestion...great engineering and easy climbing. Comfortable too. I have a couple and couldn't be happier with anything else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.