Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
My Bow Hunting water rigs are ready >

My Bow Hunting water rigs are ready

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Bow Hunting water rigs are ready

Old 07-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Banned

Default My Bow Hunting water rigs are ready

I found a 70 year old guy selling this 17' Grumman Aluminum Canoe complete with take apart kayak paddles, boat cushions, and life jackets for $250. I took it home and my girlfriend just got it painted today. I put some pipe foam insulation on the cross bars, and mixed a little fine sand with the paint on the inside bottom of it for traction. These sell for around $1000 new, so I was pleased with my purchase. Now I have a matching set of bow hunting boats; one that is my flat bottom with a motor, and this for the silent type of hunt. I will actually mainly use this for summer canoe trips. I left the bottom outside olive/wood colored, and will add a couple of coats each fall before I put it away to help protect the bottom from scratches and rock gouges. I think she did a great job on both boats. I have $1050 in both of these boats/trailer, motor, and gear combined.

My other boat

Old 07-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

nice paint job.i have the same 16 ft flat bottom boat and motor.gave $900.00 for the boat at gander mountain a year ago last spring,and $900.00 for the 5 hp motor at cabelas.not including everything else i had to buy trailer,oars,life jackets,ect.you got a real good deal.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks great hch, that could be a very useful hunting tool on the riverbottoms around here..

Nice paintjob too
Old 07-26-2009, 05:15 AM
Banned

Thanks guys.
We are planning a week long, prerut hunt with my walltent, woodburner, and basically just like an outwest hunt...I will drag the canoe behind the flat bottom for the extra gear room and we can paddle across the river with this if we want to hunt the other side. We have also talked about a spring turkey hunt at Lake Rathbun with the walltent and using the boats to locate toms gobbling and get to our setups.