Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Baking Soda Question >

Baking Soda Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Baking Soda Question

Old 07-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

I use baking soda on all of my hunting clothes.I dont want to pay $20 for something that does the same thing when I can pay $3 for more of it.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do you mix it with water and peroxide or just sprinkle it on dry??? I tried the mix and well i didnt care for it...
Old 07-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Typical Buck

I use it often. i add it to the wash, I dump it my boots and I put it in the bottom of my rubbermaid container.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

"You put it under your arms, in your boots and socks, in all of your orfices and in your hat"

Dang Geronimo, you are hardcore! So you just stick baking soda inside all of your orifices?
Old 07-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use scent free detergent. It's not $20 a bottle and you can get 15 to 20 loads per bottle. I do use baking soda to brush my teeth before I go hunting. Try using Arm & Hammer deodorant instead of straight baking soda. It costs less than $2 a stick. I've said this before, but I'll say it again. I would not put baking soda in boots. Everytime you sweat in your boots, which will happen, the soda slowly eats away at your boots. If you continuously do this, it will decrease the life span of your boots. Just think what happens to battery corrosion when you add water to baking soda. Same thing with sweaty boots, just not as fast.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by virginiashadow
"You put it under your arms, in your boots and socks, in all of your orfices and in your hat"

Dang Geronimo, you are hardcore! So you just stick baking soda inside all of your orifices?
And then.......I jump in the oven and bake for 1 hour until done.lol......
Old 07-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

I wash my clothes in the baking soda, dry my clothes with earth scent dry sheets [ make sure all the lint is out of the lint filter ]
then I put the clothes,boots ,backpack in a tub which has two earth scent waffers taped on the inside of the lid. I have had alot of deer down wind and have not been busted.