Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What do you think of this setup? >

What do you think of this setup?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you think of this setup?

Old 07-17-2009, 04:12 AM

Default What do you think of this setup?

Right now, I'm looking into shooting the Grim Reaper broadheads and was wanting to know if you think I would get pass throughs with my set up: 2007 Bowtech Allegiance @ 64lbs, 29in. draw. My arrows are Gold Tip XT 5575 @ 28in. long. I have never had any experiences with the GR's. What do you think?
Old 07-17-2009, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

You should be fine. I personally lick fixed blade broad heads. I shoot Slick Tricks, they fly great and the tear it up! But if I were to choose a mechanical I would have to choose the Rage, strickly because of te slip cam!
Old 07-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Reapers are great. My son has used them for years with great luck. I started last year. You will have NO problems getting pass thrus with your setup. I have the Katera XL setup just about the same as you. Good luck.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wihunter402
The Reapers are great. My son has used them for years with great luck. I started last year. You will have NO problems getting pass thrus with your setup. I have the Katera XL setup just about the same as you. Good luck.
X2...good mechanical
Old 07-19-2009, 07:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

If not a passthru, you will have an exit hole but in all seriousness, the Ally packs a punch so you should be more than adequate.