Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Release

Old 07-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default Release

What type of release do you hunt with?
Old 07-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

I've hunted with a wrist release for years, but I'm switching this year to a hand-held. Ever since I switched to this Stan Shootoff, my groups have shrunk tremendously. The last wrist release I used was a Scott Sabertooth and I have nothing but great things to say about it.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

I am thinking of moving away from the wrist release but I like the comfort of knowing the thing is not going to fall to the ground. I guess it is the one less then to worry about that is keeping me from making the change.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by densfbs
I am thinking of moving away from the wrist release but I like the comfort of knowing the thing is not going to fall to the ground. I guess it is the one less then to worry about that is keeping me from making the change.
That is one of the things that kept me from chaning over, but seeing how my groups have improved has made it more obvious to me that I need to change. You can hook the Shootoff on your loop and it just sits there until you reach for your bow. It's even quieter that a wrist release. I'm not too worried about his falling off.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:11 PM

I use the Scott archery Little Goose.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Genesis Mag X thumb release.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:00 AM
Typical Buck

I used a winn free flight for YEARS. Awesome release, it just made your release hand usless (glove type release). when i bought the Tribute i switched to the Scott LilGoose. Now release hand is not so usless but the release is still in the way.

I have a Spot Hogg Satruday Night Special i'm gonna try when i get the bow runnin again. It's a handheld thumb triggered release. Also has a lynard you can put around you wrist so you won't drop it. Haven't used it yet so I have no opinion on it.

Scott releases are quality releases that will serve 99% of shooter as well as any carter will.

hey Rev, in your avitar you have your release hand vertical. With the spot hogg, to hold my release hand that way i'd have to twist the string loop......... is that right? or is the spot hogg designed to hold horizontal??? You understand what i'm asking?

Last edited by cartman308; 07-15-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:21 AM
Fork Horn

Switched this year to a Scott's Sabertooth. So far, I really like the release.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Tru Fire Hurricane buckle release.Seems to work fine but I've nothing to compare it to as I never used a release until this past Monday.