Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Strickly Bowhunting >

Strickly Bowhunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Strickly Bowhunting

Old 07-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm a hunter, I love it all!
Old 07-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Site Bouncer

Originally Posted by BowHuntingFool
I'm a hunter, I love it all!

+1

Both have their spot in my season and I love the challenge each brings!
Old 07-14-2009, 01:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Always been a Bowhunter only.

Dan
Old 07-14-2009, 03:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bow only even during the gun seasons. I would however take up a ML if I had a place to hunt with it.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

In Illinois, I'm strictly bow hunting. No real reason I guess, I just really enjoy the bowhunting here and permission to bowhunt is a hell of a lot easier to get with a bow than a gun.
With that said, nothing can replace the excitement of gun season back home (U.P.) The comaraderie can't be matched during bow season. I was brought up gun hunting, looking forward to that opening day with my brother and dad. I wouldn't trade that feeling for all the bows in the world.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

The bow is put away at the end of the bow-only season. It's hard to kill a deer being ran by hounds with a bow....
Old 07-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

i would not rule out gun hunting i just simply do not find myself with time nor the place to use them. my hunting passion is bowhunting if given the choice to use one or the other it is always going to be the bow. i am slowly selling all my guns to buy more archery gear.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

its started the morning i killed my buck within 30 min of being in the stand opening morning of rifle season. it just wasnt that much of a chllenge anymore. havent touched my gun since.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowhunter

2009 is the start of my 53rd year of Bowhunting. My 2nd year of Bowhunting I bagged my 1st Deer (1958). Since then, I just never considered hunting any Biggame with a Gun.
I have been blessed with a great Bowhunting Journy & many, many Bowhunts. Some Bowhunts I've made are ones many may just dream of.
Black Bears, Whitetails, Elk, Caribou, Mule Deer, Sheep, Buffalo, wild Hogs, Sheep & more.
I managed 38 Biggame Animals (Barebow-no sights & fingers) with recurve Bows B/4 the Compound Change. My Compounds have accounted for many more. Best Bowhunts have been those shared with Family & friendskill or not.
Good Luck in your journey...
Old 07-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used to hunt with my shotgun only for a long time, but then I started archery hunting, and gave up the gun. It just didnt seem like a challange any more. But last yeaar, I decided to give a Muzzle Loader a try, and now I am hooked on htat too. But I will never give up the bow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.