Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mathews guys....Need help >

Mathews guys....Need help

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews guys....Need help

Old 05-06-2003, 06:30 PM

Default Mathews guys....Need help

Well, I' m going to buy a new Mathews bow in the very near future. After much consideration I passed on Hoyt. Now, I need to know which Mathews bow you guys recommend. A buddy of mine has the LX and it' s nice. Another has the SQ2 and it' s also as nice. I' m leaning towards the Legacy. Any comments on the Legacy? I want all positives and negatives. Thanks.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:46 PM

Default RE: Mathews guys....Need help

The Legacy would be a great choice...I had one and traded for the LX...I love my LX..But the Legacy would probably be a all around better bow...
Old 05-07-2003, 05:06 AM

I really like the LX . The Legacy is awesome but IMO is not balanced as well, feels heavier than the advertised 10th of a pound more than the LX, and the draw cycle is harsher. Both bows peak early ,but the LX is smoother throughout the cycle and has a dead backwall(with the new draw stop peg). The LX is also faster , most people are getting 10 + fps faster with the same set up.

Now the big negative your going to hear is about the brace height on the LX only being 6 5/8 " . This makes a bow more forgiving or unforgiving. I personally have had no trouble shooting bows with low brace heights, so I say go shoot one several times and make a decision. I could' ve gotten a much better deal on a Legacy , but chose the LX .

Go shoot both ......the Legacy may suite you better ? !!
Old 05-07-2003, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

I recently bought a new Mathews Legacy after shooting Hoyt, Bowtech, and the Mathews LX. The Legacy was a little cheaper than the LX but I believe it was quieter too. It may not be as fast but you can' t tell the differance by shooting them, but I thought the Legacy was smoother. I believe the LX has a harsher cam to achieve the faster speed. Either one will make you a great bow.

I Love my Legacy!!!
Old 05-07-2003, 11:18 AM

Out of the three bows you are looking at

I would definitely go with the Bowtech Patriot Single Cam
Old 05-07-2003, 07:30 PM

I recently purchased a Legacy. Shot both, the Legacy and the LX. Both were smooth and quiet, but the Legacy felt better to me.

The Legacy is a great bow, and was a little less expensive. I suggest you shoot both, one will stand out over the other.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:23 PM

BowTech......[]...Well if he wants a lesser bow then ya go for it....
Old 05-08-2003, 08:56 AM

SQ2 is a very nice bow......
I just sold mine for other reasons than good shooting....
They have great knock down power and until this day I haven' t heard
anything quieter.......I did have all the silencers on it.
My friend shoots a Patriot single cam with the same silencers and the SQ2 was still quieter.
All and all a very well built bow, much stronger than my new Tech29 but it get' s quite heavy on the arm when your logging it through the bush.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

The Legacy would probably get my vote. It has been somewhat time proven over the last year and I like its specs for a hunting bow.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Wait for the new Darton that' s coming out around July... or is it June. Anyway, 7 1/2 inch brace height, 325 fps, 37 axle to axle. Suppose to be a sweet thing for sure.

Quick Reply: Mathews guys....Need help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.