Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 lumenok...who uses them >

lumenok...who uses them

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

lumenok...who uses them

Old 07-01-2009, 10:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default lumenok...who uses them

Are they worth the $30.

If not, do you use any other tricks to help you keep sight of, or find your arrow after it is shot. I have a hard time with red/green as far as colors, so I generally fletch all white to try to keep it contrasting against the backdrop.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: lumenok...who uses them

I have them. I saved 1 arrow with them last year so yes it is worth the money just for that. Add the money up Arrow & Broadhead. There are some home brews out there but I have never tried them.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:16 PM

I would search Youtube for the DIY lighted knock video. It was floating around the forums last fall as well I believe, but if you're interested in the lighted knocks but skeptical about forking out the cash, a DIY build may be the answer.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought them and this will be the first year trying them out. I think for the arrow and broadhead savings they are worth it. I will not use them on morning hunts but for the evening hunts I see how they can be used.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lumenock IMO is way too vulnerable to breaking/not working properly.

I use Tracer nocks for the past two years and did manage to have one out of maybe 9(?) that did not work! I contacted Easton about the problem and they were more then helpful to send me a new pack!!

NOW with that being said, I will not be using them this year because I cant justify the price anymore with them for what they do! It is too much of a hassle/movement to change arrows as it approaches that primetime of the evening when the Tracer would be best! I shot three deer last year and lost a total of $40 basically, between the arrow/BH/Nock!!

So are they nice...Yeah...but are they worth that much?? IMO no I learned that the hard way!!
Old 07-02-2009, 05:43 AM
Typical Buck

I used to use Lumenoks but not anymore since using easton Tracer Nocks. They seem to be more durableand more foolproof once you activate them using the magnet. More importantly the Tracer Nocks blink which make finding them alot easier than the steady light of the lumenok. Definitley check out the Tracer's before buying the Lumenoks!
Old 07-02-2009, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any possible advantage I can get I'll take advantage of, they are a bit pricey and Seth mentioned. I use, and have usedboth the Tracer and Lumenok, I havent had too many issues with either, but I have had a few with both, nothing frequent enough to keep me from using them.The mainreason I like them is because I can see the impact location on animals better normally with a lighted nock even in daylight, which is a huge advantage for tracking/recovery reasons knowing whereI hit. Shots happen fast, and sometimes Im not 100% certain where a shot may have hit, with the lighted nocks it really helps me, but Im old and blind anyway lol. The other reasons are obvious like finding your arrows, etc.... so for me personally, yeah I use them and will continue to do so.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:13 AM

I have used them with great success for the last three years, no problems what so ever. Tried Tracers they are nice but I like the lumenocks a little better because they are brighter.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not a big fan of lighted nocks because I don't like what they do to my FOC.

I have installed and played with many brands currently on the market and if I were going to use them Firenocks would be my choice!

Dan
Old 07-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought Two for last season.

Practiced with them prior to the season opener and one of them kept blinking on and off.
Didn't think much of it, as I only need one arrow at a time, so I just left it in my quiver and used the other.
3-days into the season I arrowed a 6-pointer and the one that I thought was good didn't work on my kill.

Removed the one that winked at me and won't buy anymore!!!

Quick Reply: lumenok...who uses them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.