HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Anyone wanna share with me... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/296946-anyone-wanna-share-me.html)

WesternMdHardwoods 06-30-2009 06:31 PM

Anyone wanna share with me...

The price that you paid for your new bow this year if you bought one? What kind is it? Like's and Dislike's??

I am going to get a new one and I know what fits me best may not suit any of you, but I am just trying to get an idea of what else to look at before I bite the bullet on the Admiral~~~~ Im a TIGHTWAD and have a hard time swallowing the $770 price tag!! Is this price about the going average???

Thanks in advance to anyone who shares some info with me
!!

Edit: I also understand that in most cases you get what you pay for...!!!! My last bow was only $265 brand new and it's still going strong...knock on wood!

wis_bow_huntr 07-01-2009 03:52 AM

RE: Anyone wanna share with me...

I bought a new bow this past spring. I purchased a 2009 PSE Stinger NI, threw a WB rest on and bought a new sight, which I didnt really care for so I put my old one on. paid 325.00 all setup. I had some problems with the peep tube falling off and then the peep popping out of the string, so I put a tubless peep on. I like it, except if its not lined up right youll see one section of string infront of the sight window. This bow is fast, quiet and light weight. A great bow for anyone looking for 300-315fps.

SGT.H 07-01-2009 05:46 AM

I hate to say but I will. I bought a new 82nd Airborne, price tag was 769.00 but got a 10% military discount. Bought a new Spot-Hogg/ Hoggit hunter for 189.00. Ripcord rest for 89.00 and octane stabilizer for 49.00. Oh, a dozen Axis 400's for 129.00, and a new Scott release. I believe it was around 70 bucks.

So, im not buying anything else for a long while. I havent spent that kind of money in years on a bow, and probably never will again.

4evrhtn 07-02-2009 05:50 AM

I bought the Bowtech Admiral with a dozen MAXIMA 350's ready to go and a G5 expert rest for $850.00. I absolutely love the bow, no regrets!

crenshaw 07-02-2009 06:17 AM

ill share.

Mathews Monster $750
Trophy taker Rest $105
Tru Glo sight $60
T5 quiver $113
Easton Axis 400gr 12 for $140
G5 peep $10
TOTAL: $1178

I sold a couple bows to offset the price, helped me out a lot. Didnt cost me out of pocket much.

teedub31 07-02-2009 06:54 AM

I bought a Hoyt PowerHawk in January as a late Christmas present. It was a package bow that came with a WB, TruGlo 5 pine fiber optic site, string leeches, Limbsaver vibration/noise reducers placed in the split limbs, Fuse 5 arrow quiver and a Fuse Stabilizer. This setup cost me $705. $80 for a dozen carbon arrows and $50 for a TruBlo release.

I love my bow, but who doesn't.

berettaguy17 07-02-2009 12:03 PM

I just bought the new PSE BowMadness XS, bought a cheap fall-away and 3 pin apex sight and an s-coil stabilizer, need new arrows and broadheads. So far I have spent 675. i love the bow, super quiet, super fast, and worth the money to me. by time season rolls around i should have another 200 into the bow. If you havent shot any of the new PSE's i would suggest at least going to your local shop and trying one out.

RT1 07-03-2009 10:17 AM

This is a no brainer purchase

$399- Martin Bengal with the css and sts system.
I put my old single pin sight on it a boodoodle rest on it.

Best $399 i have ever spent.
"Shoots better than most $700-$800 range bows"!!!!!!!!
You'd be crazy not to try a martin bengal or moab.

;)
$399

MeanV2 07-03-2009 10:33 AM

$770 is about MAP for an Admiral. Most guys I know that have one Love it. I personally prefer a little more A to A length so the Captain and Sentinel were better choices for me!

I really think the Sentinel will be my go to Bow this season. IMO from shooting over a dozen brands of bows over 40+ years in Archery, you do get what you pay for. There are several fine bows to be had today and BowTech is one of the Top choices.

Enjoy!!:D

Dan

Centaur 1 07-03-2009 04:42 PM

I don't have the money for a new bow this year but I've been shopping just in case I hit the lottery. The Admiral was my bow of choice until I shot the Hoyt AlphaMax. $770 is a ton of money in my book, do yourself a favor and shoot everything before you buy. The last thing you want is to regret your decision after spending that much money.