HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Anyone wanna share with me... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/296946-anyone-wanna-share-me.html)

WesternMdHardwoods 06-30-2009 06:31 PM

Anyone wanna share with me...

The price that you paid for your new bow this year if you bought one? What kind is it? Like's and Dislike's??

I am going to get a new one and I know what fits me best may not suit any of you, but I am just trying to get an idea of what else to look at before I bite the bullet on the Admiral~~~~ Im a TIGHTWAD and have a hard time swallowing the $770 price tag!! Is this price about the going average???

Thanks in advance to anyone who shares some info with me
!!

Edit: I also understand that in most cases you get what you pay for...!!!! My last bow was only $265 brand new and it's still going strong...knock on wood!

wis_bow_huntr 07-01-2009 03:52 AM

RE: Anyone wanna share with me...

I bought a new bow this past spring. I purchased a 2009 PSE Stinger NI, threw a WB rest on and bought a new sight, which I didnt really care for so I put my old one on. paid 325.00 all setup. I had some problems with the peep tube falling off and then the peep popping out of the string, so I put a tubless peep on. I like it, except if its not lined up right youll see one section of string infront of the sight window. This bow is fast, quiet and light weight. A great bow for anyone looking for 300-315fps.

SGT.H 07-01-2009 05:46 AM

I hate to say but I will. I bought a new 82nd Airborne, price tag was 769.00 but got a 10% military discount. Bought a new Spot-Hogg/ Hoggit hunter for 189.00. Ripcord rest for 89.00 and octane stabilizer for 49.00. Oh, a dozen Axis 400's for 129.00, and a new Scott release. I believe it was around 70 bucks.

So, im not buying anything else for a long while. I havent spent that kind of money in years on a bow, and probably never will again.

4evrhtn 07-02-2009 05:50 AM

I bought the Bowtech Admiral with a dozen MAXIMA 350's ready to go and a G5 expert rest for $850.00. I absolutely love the bow, no regrets!

crenshaw 07-02-2009 06:17 AM

ill share.

Mathews Monster $750
Trophy taker Rest $105
Tru Glo sight $60
T5 quiver $113
Easton Axis 400gr 12 for $140
G5 peep $10
TOTAL: $1178

I sold a couple bows to offset the price, helped me out a lot. Didnt cost me out of pocket much.

teedub31 07-02-2009 06:54 AM

I bought a Hoyt PowerHawk in January as a late Christmas present. It was a package bow that came with a WB, TruGlo 5 pine fiber optic site, string leeches, Limbsaver vibration/noise reducers placed in the split limbs, Fuse 5 arrow quiver and a Fuse Stabilizer. This setup cost me $705. $80 for a dozen carbon arrows and $50 for a TruBlo release.

I love my bow, but who doesn't.

berettaguy17 07-02-2009 12:03 PM

I just bought the new PSE BowMadness XS, bought a cheap fall-away and 3 pin apex sight and an s-coil stabilizer, need new arrows and broadheads. So far I have spent 675. i love the bow, super quiet, super fast, and worth the money to me. by time season rolls around i should have another 200 into the bow. If you havent shot any of the new PSE's i would suggest at least going to your local shop and trying one out.

RT1 07-03-2009 10:17 AM

This is a no brainer purchase

$399- Martin Bengal with the css and sts system.
I put my old single pin sight on it a boodoodle rest on it.

Best $399 i have ever spent.
"Shoots better than most $700-$800 range bows"!!!!!!!!
You'd be crazy not to try a martin bengal or moab.

;)
$399

MeanV2 07-03-2009 10:33 AM

$770 is about MAP for an Admiral. Most guys I know that have one Love it. I personally prefer a little more A to A length so the Captain and Sentinel were better choices for me!

I really think the Sentinel will be my go to Bow this season. IMO from shooting over a dozen brands of bows over 40+ years in Archery, you do get what you pay for. There are several fine bows to be had today and BowTech is one of the Top choices.

Enjoy!!:D

Dan

Centaur 1 07-03-2009 04:42 PM

I don't have the money for a new bow this year but I've been shopping just in case I hit the lottery. The Admiral was my bow of choice until I shot the Hoyt AlphaMax. $770 is a ton of money in my book, do yourself a favor and shoot everything before you buy. The last thing you want is to regret your decision after spending that much money.

Ben / PA 07-03-2009 05:01 PM

Paid 720.00 plus tax on an 09 Air Raid. I am not regretting it.

WV Hunter 07-04-2009 06:23 PM

I bought a brand new dealer closeout '08 Allegiance for $500. Added a HHA single pin slider, Octane 2pc quiver, WB Deluxe, sling, peep, andsts(all new) for right at $200. Got it all on AT...sure beats retail. I also unloadedtwo older bows to offset the price....so I really don't have hardly anything in my new setup. So far I love it!

I also bought both my kids new Diamond Razor Edge packages...those are awesome bows as well! I highly recommend them, and for about $300 for the setup, they are money!

22 series 07-05-2009 02:29 PM

bought a new mathews drenalin at the end of last year for around $700 give or take. i absolutely love it and knew i would since i previously owned the switchback. i dont know if you like short axle to axle bows or not, but if you get a chance shoot the mathews dxt or the mission eliminator and if you like it i have a basicly brand new never been hunted with mission eliminator that im trying to sell. im sure if you like it we could work something out. plus i think you are within driving distance that we could meet instead of going through the mail. just a thought. not trying to push a sell on you, just trying to help out a fellow HNI member save money. if you are interested pm me and we can discuss it.

NY/Al 07-05-2009 03:55 PM

I bought a left over Elite GTO before last years hunting season. Paid 550 for it plus a viper sight ($100) and a whisker biscut ($40). Throw in a dozen maximas for 100 bucks and ive got about 800 in my whole rig. Truly a top of the line hunting bow too, I love it!

superstrutter 07-05-2009 06:59 PM

Not a recent buy, but I got a sweet deal years ago. I bought a fully rigged PSE Thunderbolt with a Black Montana sight, Badoodle rest, Scott release,six brand new Carbon Express arrows, and a pack of brand new Spitfire 100's for $500. The guy shot the bow only a few times and never hunted with it. He got into big time debt and had to sell just about everything he owned. I shot it a few times before I bought it, but I knew it was mine after the first shot. It's the quietest bow I have ever heard, and pulling 68 pounds, it shoots 265 fps. It may be outdated, but I've killed many deer with it, and don't plan on upgrading anytime soon.

JoshKeller 07-05-2009 08:41 PM

alphamax 32 - 769
viper microtune sight - 179
trophy taker - 100
fuse quiver - 100
fuse 10" stabilizer - 75
dozen hailfire 400's - 80
g5 peep - 10

total... $1300 ish ouch! [:@]

Luckily, I got all black accessories, so I will just be keeping these no matter what bow I shoot.

drockw 07-05-2009 10:29 PM

I dont wanna share the $ that ive put into archery this year[:-] I will say that i do love the sport in general, the target and hunting side, and i truly believe that you get what you pay for... Bows dont make archers and money doesnt buy points, but it sure does help in the confidence department haha:D

Derek

thehairlessone! 07-08-2009 03:18 AM

I personally think the higher end bows shoot much better and feel better than the cheaper bows. I have had everything from $75 bows up to $700 and there is a big difference to me. I noticed a big difference on my accuracy at longer ranges.

I have had just about every brand out there too. I will never shoot another cheap bow. If you dont want to pay the full retail shop around. You can find some really good deals on a bow that is 2-3 yrs. old and they are really great bows too.

Rick

zubba 07-08-2009 05:11 AM

Just bought the Admiral this year. Paid $769.00. plus accessories. Absolutely no regrets. a very very fine shooting bow.

OneMustFall 07-09-2009 07:23 AM

Re: Anyone wanna share with me...

I recently picked up a 08 diamond justice at cabelas,on discount,(thats my middle name)lol......for 379.00 and set it up with with stuff from my old bow i sold.
I really like the bow,especially the invelvet finsh and the cableguard roller guard....It"S very quiet and this one will last me for awhile....:biggrin: