Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 cool jobs now, but? >

cool jobs now, but?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

cool jobs now, but?

Old 06-30-2009, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: cool jobs now, but?

Ive done the hay thing off and on, Ive been a laborer for brick masons (my dad, as well as other outfits), Ive worked in an archery shop, Ive done wetland delineation (PITA in the summer with all the things that like to bite you and suck ur blood and poke u and stick u and sting u in the summer, winter was GREAT), but the WORST job Ive had was a fry cook in a local BBQ place. I HATED THAT WITH A PASSION!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Typical Buck

I dont see what is so bad about stacking hay or general farm labor. I love doing it, but I grew up doing it. Heck, I even get paid $15 an hour helping out the neighbors too.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: crazedbowhunter

I dont see what is so bad about stacking hay or general farm labor. I love doing it, but I grew up doing it. Heck, I even get paid $15 an hour helping out the neighbors too.
ya same here i love it. i get 10 an hour
Old 06-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

$10 an hour, would not be bad. Worth it, .10 cents a bale is BS... The illegal's won't even work for that!
Old 06-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Working at a public lake in college. I would sit around and sell people passes to take the boats out on the water. I would also empty out the trash cans.........I would get so bored I would take out the axe and throw it at trees from various distances. I could throw an axe like Bravehart by the end of the summer!
Old 06-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I worked at a football helmet factory. My job was to melt a serial # inside the plastic helmets. All I did was open a box, remove the helmet, stamp it with a machine and box it back up. Did about 11-12 pallets a night. Nothing like the smell of melting plastic to remind me how much I hated that job.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:32 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: crazedbowhunter

Shoot, Kids around here wont even drive an A/C tractor or heavy truck w/ A/C for 15-20 bux an hour.[:@]STUPID KIDS!! THIS GOOD JOB HUR why u not take it!![>:] I can't git any body to halp out at meh farm, been relying on family to do work[:'(]
Old 07-01-2009, 03:37 AM
Fork Horn

heck,where you at switchback,ill come work for you. cant buy a good job here in indiana.they only want to pay a dump truck drive about 10 bucks hr15-20 hr is dam good money lightfoot
Old 07-01-2009, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Picking up the trash on a jobsite, in the summer. I would sit around all day in the heat just doing whatever the crew asked and when the end of the day came I had to go around and pick up all of the trash that was thrown on the ground, mostly shingles. Worked three months and got just enough money to buy a Browning BPS, but I was only 12.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

garbage truck wasn't so bad, except when we did chinatown.
landscaping was OK, except in my allergy season.
CAD operator was probably the worst, 50hrs a week under florescent lights staring at a computer screen is not my thing.

Quick Reply: cool jobs now, but?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.