Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pendulum users

Old 05-05-2003, 09:54 AM

Default pendulum users

i know i' ve asked this before but i' m tring to get all the info i can on the savage pendulums, are they as accurate as they say? the pros and cons please...i' m really excited about trying one because i' m sick of my 3 pin set-up and the one pin hit all idea really is apealing to me...would my range be good out to 30 yards if i shoot about 54# draw??thanks (sorry for the repeat topic)
Old 05-05-2003, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: pendulum users

Andy,

I have shot a pendulum for the past couple of years. As an answer to your question, will they shoot to 30 yards, the answer is maybe. It all depends on your setup. If you shoot lightwight arrows, you may not only get 30 yards out of it, you may get more. If you shoot heavy aluminums, you probably will not get 30. For example, two years ago, I shot around 60 pounds, and 2117 Eastons with a 100 grain broadhead. My max with the pendulum was 27 yards. Last year, I shot ACC' s and 65 pounds and got 32 yards out of it. Either way, it' s just like anything when it comes to archery, know your equiptment. Take a little time before the season and experiment with it. Try shooting from an elevated platform from 1 yard out to 30 to see how it shoots. I personally wouldn' t trade my Savage for anything. It is nice to have one less thing to think about when you have a deer in range. If you go with the Savage, get the tritium pin in it. It' s worth it.
Old 05-05-2003, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot a Keller pendulum sight. I will be going back to a single pin with my new bow. To be good with a pendulum you need to sight in and hunt at the same height. If you are not you will be off target. This is hard to do all the time if you use a climber. I think that bows now days are fast enough and shoot level enough to shoot up to 50+ yards with a pin sights.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:21 PM

[8D]I LOADED UP MY CONQUEST 2 WITH A SAVAGE QC-RANGER SUPERMAX WITH THE TRIDIUM PIN. THIS PENDLUM WILL DO EVERYTHING IT SAYS IT WILL. SIGHTING IN IS EASY AND THE RESULTS ARE GREAT. GIVE ONE A TRY, YOU WON' T BE SORRY.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Listen to DOGMEAT he convinced me to buy one and its the best move I' ve made. Wish I knew of this sight(HuntingNet.Com) before I purchased my first Pendulum,would have saved some money not having to buy two. Thanks again DOGMEAT.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

boldplate - I' ve had a Keller on my bow till recently, (bought a QC Ranger) and I hunt from a climber and never had a problem with it. Except for the NOISE . The pendulum compensates for the height differances. Thats why they call it a pendulem. Maybe you didn' t sight it in correctly or are not bending at the waist when you shoot. PS. the QC Ranger is sooo Quiet.
Old 05-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

I' ve used a savage pendulim with the tritium pin now for 3 years I think, and I love it. You can sight in at 20 yrds on the ground, and your good to go. I checked from a tree stand to be sure, and it is dead on.
Old 05-18-2003, 04:31 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-18-2003, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tested my savage featherweight from 3 different heights at 4 different targets.
10, 20, 30 and ~3 from the tree. I pegged each target.

One word of advice though. Sight in at twenty, but be sure to step back to 30 and beyond to make sure your arrows are falling in a straght line.
My first year using it was an eye opener when I dialed it in in my backyard with a max of 20 yard shot. It wasn' t until I was at my lease did I figure out on the range that my arrows were hitting to the right at thirty yards. 20 yards just isn' t enough distance to know how your arrows are truely flying.

My new Mighty Might will be sporting a Toxonics sniper. (just want to try something new)
If you get the savage, spend the money on the Max. The featherweight has some noise that can be cured with a tightened pivot bolt, some grease and a set of mini-limb savers. The max is supposedly silent.
Old 05-19-2003, 11:41 PM

I have used the Savage sight for several years now. It is a nice sight and is very deadly from 15 to 25 feet up. I have had accracy troubles under 15 feet. If you are going to order the sight, the tritium pin is very nice.

Quick Reply: pendulum users

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.