Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what kind of broadheads will you be using this year? >

what kind of broadheads will you be using this year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what kind of broadheads will you be using this year?

Old 06-14-2009, 03:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what kind of broadheads will you be using this year?

I'm hoping Gary has the new 125 grain Grizz Tricks available for season this year.

I know from using the 100 grain Grizz last year they do devastating damage, fly great, and are tough for the long haul.

I just want the 125 for the extra FOC it offers and it will absolutely be a tank.

Dan
Old 06-14-2009, 04:41 AM
Spike

Well in this tough economy.. I certainly am not going to scrape the heads I have used and have parts for for 15 years or so..In leu of some bigTV marketing campaign I have shot the Thunderhead 125's on my State bow and the 85's on my western set up for flatter shooting.. I also discovererd one can hone used blades extremely sharp with a small file.. I tried this lastwinter and tested them on unfilled balloons for sharpness and the new blades out of the package are very very sharp..But contrary to popular beliefyou can hone the used ones right back to that if you practice... This will savve you about 3 bucks a head on replacemnt blades..

Last fall I shot many times and many deerwhich would have required me to replace many blades... Honing them with a file is a poor economy option... Most deer fell within sight... a few trees where also tagged..

Regardless what you shoot don't think you can kill the deer easier because some TV or Magazine add campaign... The guys that desiged the basic modular head did not make a bad choice in their design.. They all will work well if sharp and used properly..

Use your Head,,,,

No pun,
NH
Old 06-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Typical Buck

sharp 125 thunderheads best there is imo
Old 06-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

There are a lot of good quality choices in Broadheads today. Unfortunately there is still some poor quality heads on the market.

If I have to cut corners some where it would not be on the killing end of my arrow. Poor place to cut corners!!

I have never understood guys who will spend close to $1000 on a rig and then go to a Mart Mart and buy a pack of El' CheapO heads

Very Poor decision and many end up regretting it!

Dan
Old 06-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

100 grain Spitfires. They do a lot of damage just like the Rage.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Typical Buck

I plan to check out the new Smoke heads. If they can deliver on their looks; then I will switch and sing their praises from the mountain tops. If not; I will stay with my Slick Tricks 100 gr. mag . I like the looks of both the Smoke and the Ramcat.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Spike

rage 2 blade.i used to shoot crimson cudas and they shot good but the blades were way to flimsy.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

same as last year! 57gr. Rocket mini blasters
Old 06-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

G5 Striker 100 gr. Used the rage 3 blade and had a couple packs of them. I shot a deer with one last year quartering away and it deflected off the ribs. Went home and threw the other packs in the trash. Had issues with Lumenoks splitting down the middle, threw them away as well, now I use the Easton Tracer nocks- much more reliable in my opinion.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Spike

Muzzy 95 4 blade

Quick Reply: what kind of broadheads will you be using this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.