Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whitetail Outfitter for Bowhunt >

Whitetail Outfitter for Bowhunt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whitetail Outfitter for Bowhunt

Old 06-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Whitetail Outfitter for Bowhunt

Looking forrecommendations:

My buddy and I are booking a 40th birthday bowhunt for next fall (2010). We have examined Tara and it looks good but maybe not great according to intensive research on a variety of forums.

Send me your recommendation for a whitetail outfitter who will not disappoint. We would select a higher probability of killing a good buck (120"+) vice a lower probability chance at a monster. Accommodations are not a big factor for us.

This is a big deal/decision for us so I want to make an informed decision. Positive or negative feedback is appreciated. PM or email if necessary.

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Whitetail Outfitter for Bowhunt

Heartland Lodge........been there and loved it......great lodge.....great food.....140's everywhere
/www.heartlandlodge.com
Old 06-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kwilson16

Looking for recommendations:

My buddy and I are booking a 40th birthday bowhunt for next fall (2010). We have examined Tara and it looks good but maybe not great according to intensive research on a variety of forums.

Send me your recommendation for a whitetail outfitter who will not disappoint. We would select a higher probability of killing a good buck (120"+) vice a lower probability chance at a monster. Accommodations are not a big factor for us.

This is a big deal/decision for us so I want to make an informed decision. Positive or negative feedback is appreciated. PM or email if necessary.

Thanks!
Accommodations should be a factor. You need a good night sleep to stay sharp in the Deer woods. Make sure you have good accommodtions, its important! Good Luck on your Hunt when you book.

Hatchet Jack
Old 06-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

The Grigsby near Ashland, Il. Now that the family has taken it back it will be phenominal.

Dan
Old 06-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

call Jamie up at River Ridge Outfitters here in northern missouri. great guy. cant say you gonna kill a monster but he can put you on some deer.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

I recommend IMB Outfitters. They guide in several states but I hunt in Missouri with them. I have a November trip this year planned. I noticed my first year with them that theyhad alot of repeat hunters. Their website is one of the outfitters linked off this forum. They Lease enough land that you do not have to worry about sitting in a worn out stand location.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

I would make two suggestions, of which when I shake this elk huntin' thing, I will go...this year I am planning on heading to a friends in Pike County, Illinois...so with that it was hard to say no

Wisconsin - Buffalo County Outfitters ..... great operation and if you look at the books, that county has the most P&Y, B&C entries than any other county in the US. I have talked to Scott and he is a down to earth person. I haven't hunted there, but with my research I have done, I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Illinois - The Quail Shed, talked to Cliff and they have a pretty simple operation that seems to produce some happy repeat hunters..

Good luck
Old 06-05-2009, 08:40 AM

I would like to have you come hunt with us in Pike Co. Illinois. We take a limited number of hunters and have a 140" minimum. I don't know if you have taken many big deer yet, but Pike Co. has them. I have taken over 20 PY bucks and hunt about 9 months a year, someplace. I have property in Mt. and have 300 to 500 deer there all the time on 1200 acres. you see at least 100 deer every time to go to the tree.

But for big deer, you can't beat Pike Co. We charge $2,200 or pre rut and $2,800 for rut bow hunt. If you want to shoot a8 or 9 pointer and are going to mount it, it can be less than 140" but everything 10 Pt. or better has to be 140" gross.

We have outfitters all around us charging $3,600 to $4,200 to hunt the same deer. We have way less pressure sowe have lots of deer bedding on our properties.
If you would like to talk or get more information, please feel free to call Dave @ 407 701-5552 or email [email protected]
I have pictures in listings in this message board. (Search author hunterdae) If you guys want a trip of a life time, bow hunt, look at our stuff in S.Africa ------ can shoot 5great animals and everyhting included for less than$5,000

Thanks for your time please call
Old 06-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check out www.copperscreek.com in Illinois near the Iowa line. Be sure to check the gallery...I've been going for the last 8 years and I am a happy camper. BTW, I'm the lucky fellow holding the big droptine buck with the corn silo in the background.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am with mohunter on this one. I have heard nothing but great things from his hunters. I personally will be hunting there myself this year!

www.riverridgeoutfitters.com

Quick Reply: Whitetail Outfitter for Bowhunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.