Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 North Dakota Bow Hunting >

North Dakota Bow Hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

North Dakota Bow Hunting

Old 05-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default North Dakota Bow Hunting

I am thinking of taking my two sons on a out of state hunt, to North Dakota. I am looking at the Cooperstown area. ( I have some relatives in the area). I am wonderingwhat the quality and quantity of public hunting land is in the area, andalso what are the chances oftaking a trophy Whitetail (of course.) Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: North Dakota Bow Hunting

Not sure about the area you listed but ND and SD are some excellent states to hunt for whitetails. They've got some biggins running around. Myself and another HNI member was going to make the trip out there this fall but I had to back out for money and personal reasons.[:@] I'll get out there with In the next 2 to 3 years I hope.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

We are planning a trip out there our selves we are headed to the lil miss national gras lands for deer and lope opener. I am under the understanding tht if there isn't a crop in the feild and if it is not posted out there you can hunt it private or public lots of guys go every year from this area and they all say the same thing look for water holes and wait them out. See some good velvet bucks each year come back.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hunt the tree lines too guys If there out there. Tree lines equal shelter and cover, not much of that out there In some spots.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Many western states have excellent deer populations, ample public hunting, reasonable tag fees, and OTC tags as well. I've been hooked on Nebraska the last few years, but there are many other good choices.

Dan
Old 05-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Not sure about the area you listed but ND and SD are some excellent states to hunt for whitetails. They've got some biggins running around. Myself and another HNI member was going to make the trip out there this fall but I had to back out for money and personal reasons.[:@] I'll get out there with In the next 2 to 3 years I hope.
If it was MagicMan, I'll be pissed if I wasn't invited!!!!
Crazy arsed SOB's
Old 05-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

Hey thanks for the info guys much appreciated. I looked on the ND DNR website and there looks like there is a pretty good sized chunk of what they call PLOTS land not to far from cooperstown, I did discover that there is an outfitter out of Binford ND whichisn't that far from Cooperstown,and that is where Pat Reeves and Nicole hunted on Driven 3. So it does look like there is some decent land and Whitetails in that area. I think I will have to take a road trip later this summer, and do a little scouting. Thanks again guys.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

Crazy arsed SOB's
Yikes!!!!
Old 05-31-2009, 03:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

Crazy arsed SOB's
Yikes!!!!
Whoops!

Dan
Old 05-31-2009, 05:16 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mconwa951

I am under the understanding tht if there isn't a crop in the feild and if it is not posted out there you can hunt it private or public

If i were you i wouldnt advise doing that method of gaining access to land here in South Dakota especially west river. Permission is needed to hunt private land.

Quick Reply: North Dakota Bow Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.