Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Can you guys help me out with Advice??? >

Can you guys help me out with Advice???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can you guys help me out with Advice???

Old 05-25-2009, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default Can you guys help me out with Advice???

I want to get a compound, I shoot trad and have a chance to trade one of my longbows for a matthews switchback. I was going to buy a compound but I can make a trade and then have $$ for arrows, sight, and realease. I will take it to the pro shop to learn about it and get her tuned, but my question is>>Is this a good bow for someone to start with? It will be set a 60# so i DONT over bow myself??
Thanks for the advice
Dale
Old 05-25-2009, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Can you guys help me out with Advice???

That is a fantastic bow Dale. If i were you i would do some research first on how to identify any potential problems that a used bow might have. Also, try to get out to some pro shops and shoot as many bows as possible. The switchback is an awesome bow, but it may not be right for you. Find one that feels good to you and go with that one.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:16 AM

yeah that sound like one hell of a deal
Old 05-25-2009, 07:19 AM

I would say it is a great deal depending on the age of the bow, and as stated above the bow may not feel right to you, so you might want to go out and shoot a few others to see what you are looking for.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

Excellant bow. You will do well with it. Some consider this one of Mathews best hunting bows ever.

Good swap
DB
Old 05-25-2009, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OklaBowhunter

Excellant bow. You will do well with it. Some consider this one of Mathews best hunting bows ever.

Good swap
DB
+1, I'm not a Mathews guy, but a Switchback is a GREAT bow. If it fits you and you like the way it shoots, go with it, you really can't go wrong. And coming from a Traditional background, you'll think that thing is BLAZING fast, compared to what you're used to.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Not sure how good a deal it is. What kind of Longbow?

One thing to be leary of.....is correct draw length. The switchback is a fantastic bow, but if the DL isn't right for you, it'll cost you over $100 to buy and switch out a new cam.

Good luck.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Not sure how good a deal it is. What kind of Longbow?

One thing to be leary of.....is correct draw length. The switchback is a fantastic bow, but if the DL isn't right for you, it'll cost you over $100 to buy and switch out a new cam.

Good luck.

These are my thoughts as well.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:12 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys, his draw is 30" so Iam not sure what mine would be on a compound, I will call my local pro and see what he would do to give the bow a once over and to change the cams if need be.
I would be trading a one piece Fox longbow for it.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

wow, 30"? unless ur a bigger guy that may be over draw for you. besides that the switchback is still, imo, one of the best bows. even with all the new ones out there. but my opinion may be a little bias..... im a mathews fan.

Quick Reply: Can you guys help me out with Advice???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.