Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broadheads

Old 05-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Broadheads

13point..best of luck to you. I agree with the guys who say to use cut on contact (Muzzy's, Slick Trick's, etc.) broad heads if you are unfamiliar with the overall energy of your bow. I bet you get a good shot on a deer this year with that bow. Aim true.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its a Martin Saber draw lenth is 30''.arrows are Gold tip 5575 expedition hunter 27 5/8 long #55 draw weight.Hey i'll prpbably always gun hunt.Thanks alot
Old 05-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Slick trick mags and they work great
Old 05-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

Rage 2 Blade expandables work great !
Old 05-26-2009, 03:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Of all the heads I've used in 40 plus years of Bowhunting. Slick Tricks are the Best I have ever used.

Great flight, Super sharp, tough as nails, and inflict major damage. I'm not sure what else you could ask of a Broadhead.

Dan
Old 05-26-2009, 03:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not sure what else you could ask of a Broadhead.
For me, that answer isa bigger cutting diameter like a Rage 2 blade.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

I'm not sure what else you could ask of a Broadhead.
For me, that answer isa bigger cutting diameter like a Rage 2 blade.
I'll take a 4 blade hole over a 2" slit, plus toughnessanyday. I haven't had to blood trail an animal since I started using tricks in 03.I don't see why I need any bigger hole?I'd rather have the penetration on less than perfect shots.

That's why they make them all though. We have choices! I've went the mechanical route before.

Dan
Old 05-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

As you can see broadheads are really an opinion issue that a lot of people feel very strongly about. You could ask 20 hunters what the best broadhead is and get 20 different answers. Pretty much any of the major well known companies you see in cabelas or at your local bow shop have killed a lot of deer! The best thing is to try a bunch of different kinds and see what flies best out of your bow. Having said that I would start with Slick Tricks or Muzzy and stay away from mechanicals with a 55 lb draw.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:51 AM

With lower draw weightrs (or any in my opinion) used a fixed blade head Personally I use ABOWYER heads (the Brown Bear) want to read why go to : tradgang.com/ashby

Its a lot of VERY interesting articles about WHY broadheads penetrate, and why the do not... its based on the laws of physics and not 'marketing words' and is definitely differant than the 'mainstream' thinking... even I was a lil sceptical at first... now Im a firm believer....

It's a GREAT bunch of reading.... read it, you will not regret it...and just may learn a thing or two (I promise that you will)

Tom
Old 05-26-2009, 11:55 AM

After you read the above read these..

http://www.tradgang.com/ashby/2004update1.pdf

then
http://www.tradgang.com/ashby/2004update2.pdf

THEN READ

http://www.tradgang.com/ashby/single...broadheads.pdf

Then read all the '2007 updates.....

Quick Reply: Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.