Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 SHOT THE ALPHAMAX 32 >

SHOT THE ALPHAMAX 32

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SHOT THE ALPHAMAX 32

Old 05-23-2009, 12:10 PM

Default SHOT THE ALPHAMAX 32

Guys...

All I can say is - impressive, most impressive !

The AM 32 is a very nice shooting bow. Had I not already ordered an Iceman from another shop I may very well had walked out with the Hoyt today. I must say though the Tec riser bothered me in that the bar that sits close to your wrist/ hand with a heavy coat on would touch the riser.... that is the only thing that makes me question this bow. I am still happy I have an Iceman coming due to it's adjustability - The Alphamax I THINK is a smoother draw curve and every bit as quiet as an Iceman.... Im not a speed freak but being that I shoot low poundage combined with 500 + grain arrows I liked the fact that the bow shot my arrow at 236 fpi at 61 lbs where the iceman was obly 209 last week, BUT the iceman was a 60-70lb bow w/ limb bolt backed out all way-, where the Hoyt was a 50-60 cranked down all the way. I have heard that the bow limbs are more efficiant cranked down so could this be the speed gain over the ice, or is the Alpha just plain a lil faster ? Gee... Im so closer to canceling my Iceman order....

What about that riser - anyone have opinions on it being to close to wrist when wearing heavy winter hunt gear ?

( I had to edit because I had the chrono speeds wrong)
Old 05-23-2009, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SHOT THE ALPHAMAX 32

The riser is definately not too close. They have been using that design for a long time now, and are very successful with it. If i were you personally, i would cancel my order on the iceman and go get the AM. It might sound kinda shady or whatever to you, but it is YOUR 700+ dollar bow, and YOU should be happy with it...

The AM is definately faster than the iceman.

derek
Old 05-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Regardless of any other bow a guy likes.... everyone that shoots the AlphaMax seems to be impressed with it! It's an awesome that anyone would do fine to own.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:09 PM
Spike

The Alphamax is a great shooting bow without a doubt, I shot most of the top bows of 09' and ended up w/ the AM32. It will be a great hunting bow come October, it really has everything you could want and hoyt "underrates" the IBO by nearly 10 FPS.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:48 AM
Typical Buck

I liked the AM 32 over the Iceman. Between the 2 I would personally get The AM 32.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:20 AM

I would love to get one of them so bad...
Old 05-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Host of Hosts

I liked the Hoyt Alphamax when I shot it. I didn't care for the Draw cycle on the Iceman. Does the bow shop that you ordered the Iceman carry the Hoyts? Remember your sticking the guy with a bow he might not have wanted to stock and place a burden on him to seel the bow to someone else. If he has trouble selling it he's gonna lose out when it comes time to pay Bowtech/Diamond. Unless you gave him a deposit and he keeps it. If he sells Hoyts then it isn't as big of a deal.

Look at it from his side.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:34 PM

I thought about it from his side my friend... and I am a happy owner of a Diamond Iceman !

Old 05-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Host of Hosts

You'll be happy with the Iceman as well. It's still a heck of a bow.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:40 PM

Well.... guess what... After shooting the Iceman for days, with all sorts of tuning issues that were bow related... I went and got the Hoyt after all.... and I am one happy camper ! I had the Hoyt shooting darts in 30 minutes. I'm going to start fine tuning tomorrow...

I am a Hoyt fan.... and couldnt be happier !

Quick Reply: SHOT THE ALPHAMAX 32

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.