Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 silver based scent control clothes? >

silver based scent control clothes?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

silver based scent control clothes?

Old 05-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default silver based scent control clothes?

Does anyone have any expericence with silver based scent control clothing? I just bought a whole suit of SCENT X because it was marked down to dirt cheap and I am wondering if has worked for anybody.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: silver based scent control clothes?

It will probably work better than any Scent Lok clothing.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

I use X-Scent top, pants, and socks.....the basic thin layer. I think they can help and they are comfortable and very affordable. That being said, nothing is more important than using the wind to your advantage and hunting smart.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

I use X-Scent top, pants, and socks.....the basic thin layer. I think they can help and they are comfortable and very affordable. That being said, nothing is more important than using the wind to your advantage and hunting smart.
I wear the same, got several sets of them on E-bay a while back for $10 per piece, best deal in scent control you can get. I also got 6 pairs of the socks for $28 delivered, which is also a bargain. Do they work??? I believe they do, I've had an considerable increase in my sightings, and I've had far more up close shot opportunities since starting to use them. They are a great base layer if nothing else, but in the last several years, I've probably passed up 400-500 shot opportunities that were easilyinside of 40yds. I'm pretty certain they work, and won't head to the woods without them.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

I have 3 sets of the X scent base layer tops and bottoms and 4 or 5 prs. of thesocks. I wish I could tell you my opinions and my experiences with using them, but I can't. My lawyer advised me to refrain from commenting until the hearings in the Lawsuit that I have filed against all silver nano clothing manufacturers begins. Ever since that one doe smelled me, I knew it was FALSE ADVERTISING!!! And these companies are gonna PAY!!!!
Seriously, I do have the suits and like them. I am such a scent control freak anyway, so I know that it is all a combination of all the stuff that I do that works for me. But, I will add one point, I have a buddy that have feet that stink so bad that he could gag a maggot!! We were on a long weekend hunt a few years ago, and for an experiment he wore the same X scent socks for all 4 hunts, and you truly couldn't smell his stench on the socks. Beleive me, if they would have been regular socks, the would have found 4 hunters , dead by asphyxiation, in the camper after he took his boots off after the fourth day. That showed me something right there!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wear'em to. I also wear scent-lok if it's cold enough to layer. If either work at all, i'm partially protected if not, at least I'm warm.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wear the X-scent and Medallist Silvermax clothing. I don't think anything is 100%. What I like about this stuff is that it works well whether it is hot or cold, and I can take it off at night and not smell myself.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

My sock experiment lasted 3 days in which I wore the same socks 3 straight nights working. On the third night a co-worker commented on my "ugly green socks," and I told her they were scent-killing socks. She rolled her eyes, but was interested since her husband is a HUNTER, and also had SMELLY feet. I told here I could take my shoes off and she wouldn't be able to smell the stink on my feet OR in my shoes. I negated to mention that it was the THIRD day I'd worn the socks, but by the end of this conversation, I had hers and another co-workers noses within inches of my feet and shoes and they couldn't believe that there was NO SMELL!!! When I told them it was the THIRD day I'd worn them they called me a liar, but after much swearing and explaining to them, both of their husbands get some X-scent socks purchased for them.

Read a couple reviews on them....
http://www.prairiestateoutdoors.com/index.php?/bowhunter/article/gadgets_that_actually_work

http://www.womenhunters.com/xscent-s...nice-baer.html And hey, if a woman is impressed, you know their GOOD!!!

And here's a great deal on the base layers.... http://outdoorzy.sierratradingpost.com/Medalist.html

Old 05-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

the products do work some, just like scent lok will work some.

silver ion's play a role in distrupting the life cycle of bacteria. thus when you wear the clothes it will disrupt (some) of the bacteria tyring to duplicate themselves that areliving on you (they are what cause you to stink) and will help with scent elimination.

i do have the x-scent and really like the clothes and it does take away a lot of the human smell that i can smell, but how much is taken away of what a deer can smell??? unkown...
Old 05-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

Actually the Japanese Astronaut in the ISS is wearing a silver based suit as a test to see if it reduces the smell of body odor. If you google it you can find the article about it. If I remember the article states the suit was based on silver used for hunting suits and if it works the space program was going to go with the clothing for all astronauts.

Here's a link to one story:
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2009/03/17/odorless-space-clothes.html

Quick Reply: silver based scent control clothes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.