Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

got some news

Old 05-20-2009, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: got some news

Tim, best of luck to you. A lady that used to work for me had the surgery. She has dropped nearly 150 pounds. Her life is so much better these days.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

the rou and y gastric bypass
ORIGINAL: YooperMike

Good luck Tim. My dad has lap-band surgery September of last year and is down 88 pounds. He's a new man because of it, doing things he hasn't done in many, many years. Which procedure are you going for, the band or the Y? Even though the surgery is going to have you losing weight, you still need to follow an eating plan. If you do as you are told by the surgeons, you shouldn't have any problems. It is very important to follow their instructions to the letter for a safe recovery. Lots of people have trouble, but 99% of them don't listen well either.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

very true My cousin had it done and was telling me she was tired all the time and felt sick but she also said she does not take her vitamins and so on.
ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

Tim,
Your health should be your TOP priority!!! If you don't have your health, you don't just lose one season, you lose MANY!!!! Get on a good diet AND exercise program, start right now to CHANGE YOUR LIFE for the better. Gastric By-pass will only work if YOU work to make it work. If you go back to bad eating habits, you can literally "stretch" your stomach, and end up right back where you started. Good Luck, and remember, if it's seems tough, then it's probably worth it!!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 04:32 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck to you Tim. I wish you the best!!
Old 05-22-2009, 03:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had talked with my friend that has had it done back around 5 years ago. He stated if he new of all the other problems he has had dealing with it he would not have gotten it done. He has had some bad luck with it like being hospitalized 4 or 5 times. But i know of others that has had it done with very little problems. So again good luck to you.