Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DIAMOND STUD

Old 05-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: DIAMOND STUD

I bought the diamond stud about a month ago...and all i can say is,,,it is perfect for me!

I previously had the Mathews DXT; and I could never adjust to the big grip.

Congrats on your new bow!

Old 05-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best of luck with the Iceman. I haven't shot one yet but I have shot the Admiral and the Captain and everything that you hear about themis true. That Iceman has got to beone awesome bow.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:26 PM

Centar... I see your in Titusville.... Im not too far to the north and fish the lagoon once ion a while...
The Iceman I hope to end up being a bow I really like. I am now wondering if I need to get a custom string or if the factory standards are 'good enough' as I will be using a peep with no bungee for the first time.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: eightwgt

Centar... I see your in Titusville.... Im not too far to the north and fish the lagoon once ion a while...
The Iceman I hope to end up being a bow I really like. I am now wondering if I need to get a custom string or if the factory standards are 'good enough' as I will be using a peep with no bungee for the first time.
The BowTech OEM strings are some of the best out there. You will have no problem with your peep once things are shot in a little and properly adjusted.

Dan
Old 05-16-2009, 07:18 PM

Now I just have to decide between a spott hog and a G% sight... gee..... too much too think about lol
Old 05-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I absolutely love my Spot-Hogg, I'm not sure that I need all the adjustability that the Hunter Hog-it gives me. You could probably do just as good with the Real Deal on a hunting bow, and you'll save about $50. If you get the Spot-hogg make sure that you get one with the wraps, it really makes a difference. Whichever oneyou choose MeanV will get you an awesome deal.

BTY, the lagoon that eightwgt is talking about is called "Mosquito Lagoon", and it's called that for a reason.I've heard a lot of guys on here complain about mosquitos, the only thing that I've got to say to that is WAAAAAA. Saltwater skeets will hit you so hard that it's more like a sting and the gnats bite as well.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the Iceman, Black Ice, and Stud on Saturday and I can say that I can notice the difference. The Stud was a little heavier in the hand to me, I could feel the vibration and "jump", and it was noisier. The difference between the Black Ice and Iceman wasn't as apparent, but the Iceman was quieter, less vibration and "jump", and great balance in my hand.

I was going to shoot the Admiral, but I decided that I wanted the Iceman. When I find what I want, I quit looking.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:35 PM

Stud is a great bow, I have shot all the Diamonds and the Black Ice is still champion in my opinion.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:59 PM

EightWT,

Send me a PM.

Marine