Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Back from my ATV Trip, Hatfield McCoy, WV >

Back from my ATV Trip, Hatfield McCoy, WV

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Back from my ATV Trip, Hatfield McCoy, WV

Old 05-01-2009, 04:13 PM

Default RE: Back from my ATV Trip, Hatfield McCoy, WV

Awesome picks. I must say I live in WV and have never traveled to Hatfield McCoy Trail. I am going to have to make the trip.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks super pics,will be making that trip very soon!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

No place like West "By God" Virginia! I still don't know why they still keep saying we are a southern state, we're not, we're in the NORTH..........
Great pics!
Old 05-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hatfield and Mccoy have been called the best atv trails in America several times by atv magazines....an absolute beautiful place to ride.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live about 1 hour from the trail, actually my bossrents some cabins at one of the trail heads. We do have a different and great way of life here. I personally wouldn't live anywhere's else.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:33 AM

wow that looks like fun. Glad you shared !!
Old 05-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

i hear all of you very true. i married a girl from garrison ky ashland. i love to go down there its so simple and the drive the whole way down 79 is beautiful. we are moving down there with in couple of years. im so sick of the hustle and bussel here in south central pa. some say this is country here but they have no idea. but thanks for sharing your pics. reminds me alot of my trips to ky with more to come
Old 05-08-2009, 12:04 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

Thanks Guys!

Like any other trip...not only the time in the woods is cherished...but most importantly...learning a different culture and meeting new people in a different place...low rent...a simple life...with happy people....it brought a new meaning to me.

Another (X) marks the spot for me in the south. I LOVE THE PEOPLE.

We're too up tight in the north...

Special Thanks to Hatfield McCoy, WV for a blessed trip.

The best 200 bucks I've ever spent. See you in 2010.
I haven't lived perminantly in Ky/WV for 13 years and notice I am up tight these days.

Let me give you an example. I wasinEastern Ky (across the river from Mingo) a few weeks ago seeing my family.My wife and I went out shooting. We drove up an old mining road I used togo too and commenced to fire off afew hundred rounds. She asked who ownedit? I said I have no idea. So a guy came by on a 4wheeler. He stopped and asked hows the shooting.Said good. Shot the breeze for a while. While leavin, Isaid, "you know whoowns this". He explained he did and good shootin, took off on his wheeler.

If that happened in MD,there would be 10 police cars, tazers, pistols drawn.. Looking back, I should havefound out, its just never been an issue.Never really thought about it.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:05 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: forddeerslayer

i hear all of you very true. i married a girl from garrison ky ashland. i love to go down there its so simple and the drive the whole way down 79 is beautiful. we are moving down there with in couple of years. im so sick of the hustle and bussel here in south central pa. some say this is country here but they have no idea. but thanks for sharing your pics. reminds me alot of my trips to ky with more to come
Man, there is still large tracks of land still available in Grason near Ashland for 400/acre. I am thinking of buying down there.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Big Country,

Alot to be said by this! Great topic...in Michigan...I use to run my Quad up and down the roads, across lakes..down dirt roads...no worries... in the late 80's into the 90's when I was 13-15 years old.

NOW? DNR and Police...neighbors yelling..get off my property!!

I will hit WV every year ..from here on out...god willing...

I road my Quad to the following...all on paved roads..When I was in West Virginia at Hatfield MCcoy Trail Head.

1) Down the main road to Gilbert, Paved
2) To Rite Aidto by Drinks
3) To the Auto Parts for a Battery
4) To Wendys for food
5) To the gun shop to by the last box of 45 ACP ammo
6) To Church on Sunday
7) To the 711 to get GAS
8) To the local breakfast hot spot

Its funny....no ATV accidents in the last 10 years...

I loved the hollers....The lady at the 711 embraced us...asked..where you boys from?..We said Michigan...she said....Enjoy the mud boys and be safe Ya'll....see you tomorrow boys....

I'm near Detroit....and I work in the automotive industry...I can't pick up my work phone without...a boat load of stress and anxiety...

I love the south...I love the people...SC, NC, WV, Kentucky...they're good people.

It's the cold Muzzleloader Season that keeps me here...something about the smoke rolling out across the plowed dirt

Brian

Quick Reply: Back from my ATV Trip, Hatfield McCoy, WV

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.