Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pictures from Big Buck classic >

Pictures from Big Buck classic

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pictures from Big Buck classic

Old 04-21-2009, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Pictures from Big Buck classic

Congrats on your mount!They had a pretty decent showing for a first-year event. Good selection of vendors and outfitters, but I was shocked at the poor turn out of entries of actual deer heads on display. It was likely well-less than one hundred heads (might have been closer to fifty). They advertised this thing for months but never made much of an effort to get folks to actuallybring in their mounts. I'd guess a lot of the locals that had never been to a deer show andI got the feeling that many didn't realize what it was all about, which is a shame.Their are some fine animals being taken every year in this areaand the show just didn't do justice to the NE area harvest. Hopefully they will learn from this year and try to get a better showing of entriesnext year.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pictures from Big Buck classic

Yeah there were only 91 mounts in the contest. I figured for the first year the turnout would be somewhat small. But it was a good start to an event that hopefully will continue to grow. I didn't even hear about it until the end of February. I know for a fact that the mule deer display was very little. There are a lot of bucks taken in western nebraska that will go close to 190", but the biggest mulie there for the 2008 contest was a 159" I believe. There were a lot of people there, just not that many entries in the contest.