Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Moral Dilemma! Opinions please! >

Moral Dilemma! Opinions please!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Moral Dilemma! Opinions please!

Old 04-15-2009, 01:03 PM
Spike

Default RE: Moral Dilemma! Opinions please!

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

ORIGINAL: Lyncher68

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

ORIGINAL: Lyncher68

Hey guys hows it going ! So heres my deal... I've been going to the same shop for bows, guns, and everything else ever since I can remember, and my grandpa went there before me! They're a bowtech/diamond dealer, and they used to carry Hoyts which is where I got my current bow. I also just recently dropped $500 thereon a new t/c triumph.

Now the problem is this...I want an elite and they dont carry it! I know the bow tech there and want to go there for everything possible, including setting the bow up, rest, sight, arrows, just about everything. However I'd feel HORRIBLE walking in there with a brand new $800 bow that I bought somewhere else!! At the same time though, I cant afford to buy a bow that I dont love, im broke and in college and its gotta last me quite a while, not to mention I LOVE that z28!

Anyone else ever have a dilemma like this? Of course if bowtech ever ships those air raids that may just fix my problem... but I'm not going to assume anything
Trust me, if you're looking at spending that kind of "Bill" on a bow, you're not really a BROKE college student. I used to deal in guns to make money in college, made some pretty decent coin off of guns that I bought cheap and sold high, I wish I could have some of them back, but had to buy books, and pay tuition, etc. If you're shop owner holds it against you that you went somewhere else for a bow he doesn't carry, then he really doesn't like you as much as your money!!!! The shop I go to appreciates my business, he knows I buy and sell stuff on line, he commends me for some of the good deals I get, he doesn't see anything wrong with trying to get good deals, when I ask him what would he get he shows me stuff that is reasonably priced, sometimes stuff that is just plain cheap, but good stuff. That's how I ended up with $8 stabilizers on my $700 bows, because they are CHEAP, and are GOOD!!!
Believe me im broke!! The only reason I can afford a bow at the moment is because Ive been busting my ass doing firewood every weekend to afford it... I pay for my own school aswell so I have basically zero dollars to spend, aside from the bow money. After all...priorities
Well then, I think you've answered your question, do you want to deliver 2 extra loads of firewood because of loyalty to a shop owner, or do you want to put you and your finances first??? If a shop owner held that against me, then he'd be losing my business!!! Fortunately, the guy I deal with, I've been dealing with since for almost 18yrs, I was buying stuff before I was 18, and having my Mom or Dad sign for it there, so he knows I'm gonna keep coming back. I paid $13 to have a set of strings I bought elsewhere installed, cams timed, peep served back in, drop-away cable re-served in, and a loop installed!!!! He charges me fairly, and I pay fairly. If I need an item, he's got as good of prices as I can get on Bass.Pro or Cabela's and probably as good a selection, so he knows where I'll buy stuff, and if I don't like something, I can bring it back, and he'll let me trade it in on something. Back in the day when I ordered a LOT of guns, if they'd never seen something, I'd order it, and pay $10 over their cost, and they'd have an idea of the quality and shootability of a new weapon. He's not just my Pro-Shop owner, he's a friend, and a friend to many, many outdoorsmen in the area, a guy known for HONEST dealings, and a willingness to spend his time helping people out. He offers up his indoor range to at least 2 local NASP programs from different schools, and consistently aids in setting bows up, helping coach the kids, etc. But he also understands that as a father/husband/family man, I need to pinch my pennies and stretch my $$$ as far as I can.
Wait wait where is this extra 2 loads coming from? I'm not saying I'm anticipating a problem whatsoever! I just feel kind of akward, but at the same time realize they cannot expect me to buy something I like less just because they carry it! Theres a decent possibility that even if I bought the bow elsewhere they wouldnt charge me for the set up pending I bought other stuff for it from them , but I wouldnt go there expecting that!

As far as them ordering it, im not sure as they arent al elite dealer! But I will definately talk to Joe about it this weekend