Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need to vent!

Old 04-12-2009, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need to vent!

that gets me steaming mad. get this i had someone trespassing andthey had the nerve to set up a ground blind on my own property. i have a feeling that they are the ones that stole a stand from me a year ago. and they have to walk in cause there is no way they could even get a four wheeler in.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all of the replies everyone. I knew you guys would understand my frustration and that some of you would have similar stories. I think it is utterly pathetic that so many of us have to deal with thieves on our hunting ground[>:].
Old 04-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

that gets me steaming mad. get this i had someone trespassing andthey had the nerve to set up a ground blind on my own property. i have a feeling that they are the ones that stole a stand from me a year ago. and they have to walk in cause there is no way they could even get a four wheeler in.
It will never cease to amaze me how Bold/Stupid some people can be!

I guess they are every where. I thought Southern IL had a corner on the market

Dan
Old 04-12-2009, 08:02 AM
Spike

That sucks and im sorry to hear it [:@]. I would try to get a trail cam next time, and hide it really well aimed right at the blind. Then hopefully if the scumbags ever come back you'll know who they are! Just an idea!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Lyncher68

That sucks and im sorry to hear it [:@]. I would try to get a trail cam next time, and hide it really well aimed right at the blind. Then hopefully if the scumbags ever come back you'll know who they are! Just an idea!
OOOoooo!!I like the way you think!

Dan
Old 04-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

BRETT/IL

I dought very much that they would be there on or around the lunch hour. i bet its late afternoon of just before dark that they took your blind. Like the last couple of reponses get a trail camera make sure it can't be seen and your get a glimpse of your theves.

Contact your local L.E. agency now and when you get that great photo of them.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is ridiculous. A friend of mine that I hunt with was telling me this past season that he has had 9 stands stolen off his property...that adds up! You have to be pretty worthless to sneak onto someone else's property and then take their stuff.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can't stand a thief Brett... I hope you catch them and they get what they deserve!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't really use the trail cameras I have as I don't have any true "convenient" places to set them up, but if I had things start disappearing, you can bet your arse I'd have them set up over "bait" in a position that they couldn't easily be stolen or noticed.

Sorry to hear about this Brett, I'd be fighting mad as well. I've taken a handful of stand that were left on mine or families property by TRESPASSERS, but never trespassed to take stands.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Makes me grateful for the part of Illinois where I own my land. My dad left a stand on my property that is only about 50 yards from the road and very visible and it sat there for months until he recently took it down.

Quick Reply: Need to vent!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.