Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

3D Shoots?

Old 04-26-2003, 09:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default 3D Shoots?

How many of you participate in local 3D shoots during the summer to sharpen your form for hunting season?

Do you use your hunting equipment or do you get into the competition thing and outfit yourself for winning the trophy?

I use my hunting equipment. Basically I do it to find out how it will perform in the field and I can' t get to every 3D tourney in my area. What do you all do?
[&:]

Old 04-26-2003, 10:39 PM

Default RE: 3D Shoots?

A little of both... I start out with my " 3-D" setup.....Then closer to hunting season I switch to my hunting bow...Thats my excuse to the wife forr so many bows...1 for 3-D..1 for hunting and 1 for fishing...
Old 04-26-2003, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a bow set up for 3D, and bows for hunting. I shoot whatever I choose on a particular day. I do shoot my hunting bow more as season approaches.
Old 04-27-2003, 05:03 AM

I have two set ups also. I usually shoot my 3D rig. I still shoot my hunting bow at least twice a week. I get to shoot every day. Hour with this bow then a hour with that. And like the other guys, I' ll shoot my 3D rig at some of the last shoots in our area.
Old 04-27-2003, 05:30 AM
nub

I heading out to one at our club in about 30 mins. I work the bar till noon or so, then I" ll shoot the course. So if any of you guys want, stop on by and I' ll buy ya a beer and a brat. I shoot my hunting set up.
Old 04-27-2003, 06:08 AM

I shoot at our local club and a few in the area, check out our web page ,
eastkyarchery.org
we invite anyone who wants to shoot in the woods to come on down and enjoy one of our shoots with us.[8D]
Old 04-27-2003, 06:42 AM

I shoot Indoor,3d and anytime I can. Its a year round thing for me. 3D just makes you more prepared when that time comes on that monster buck of a lifetime.
Old 04-27-2003, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I never have shot a setup in competition that would be out of place in the woods. Even for NFAA dot shooting I always shot in the bowhunter and traditional classes. But I like hunting with my longbows much more than I do with compounds, so I' ll do more shooting in the early season stuff with compounds and as it gets closer to hunting season the longbow will occupy more of my time.

I' ve tried scopes and pole vault stabilizers and quickly decided I' ve got better things to waste my time and money on.

Old 04-27-2003, 11:08 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Arthur,
I know what you mean about the stabilizers. I shoot a little 2" doinker myself.[]
Old 04-28-2003, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot several local 3d course, and competitions. I use my hunting setup mostly. Just makes more sense to me if thats what your hunting with. I used to think I was a darn good shot in my backyard until I went to my first 3d course several yrs ago. They are awesome!!!

Quick Reply: 3D Shoots?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.